SamstagSpeedMarine

2003 Centurion Avalanche Storm 3 Idle issues

Ran Fine last august, Had recent service crankshaft position sensor and new cap,  

Here's the issue. while running fake a lake it idles perfect, and revs fine,  When to put it in the water other day, it idles fine, for like first 20 feet in water, then gave it throttle, and bogged/died, starts every time but won't idle while in water, or when engaging throttle just dies. I take it back out of the water and will idle fine, and rev fine. complete stumped 

Checked fuel pressure at the rail when on fake a lake it shoes 33-37psi.

TL68    40

Did you run it after crankshaft position sensor was changed? Did it run well? Not sure what “normal” operating psi of fuel system is. Is there a fuel/water separator? May need to be changed. Plugs? Wires? If those check out fine, I’d talk with the mechanic that did the work. Could’ve adjusted something a little off causing the problem. 

I just dropped her off with the mechanic again, might be the hi/lo fuel pump, it idled for him when did the crankshaft position sensor and cap, told them to do, tune up, fuel filter, and service. along with drive packing

TL68    40

Sounds like a fuel delivery problem. Hopefully it’ll be resolved soon. Keep us posted. Could be that nugget of info that helps the next person spend more time on the water.

MobEnzo    51

I’m not an expert, but if you do a search here you’ll see cap and rotor being a common repair and the iac valve. Sounds like it could be iac?