Sign in to follow this  
Riverguy

Engine Quick Drain System for Winterization

Riverguy    1

Getting to know my 2021 ZS232's raw water drain system for winterization. Can it really be this simple? I plan to have my dealer handle this, but it would be nice to know in the event of a early or late season freeze as I live in the Northern states. I would obviously drain the strainer and any other intakes (ballast, etc...). This is my first inboard, so I am still learning. I posted a quick video of what the three hoses look like on my engine.

Troy. R    198
17 hours ago, Riverguy said:

Getting to know my 2021 ZS232's raw water drain system for winterization. Can it really be this simple? I plan to have my dealer handle this, but it would be nice to know in the event of a early or late season freeze as I live in the Northern states. I would obviously drain the strainer and any other intakes (ballast, etc...). This is my first inboard, so I am still learning. I posted a quick video of what the three hoses look like on my engine.

My 2019 doesn’t have that system, so I am not sure. It seems almost too easy to be true. On my ‘19 there are 8 drain plugs. They also recommend pulling the water pump outlet hose and the circulation pump inlet hose.

I would call PCM to be sure.

Minos    0

Did you ever get the answer? I am looking for the 2020 VI24  Centurion Winterization checklist, but the engine is also a PCM HO 450 (closed Loop I believe).