Sign in to follow this  
Hudzon

Needing some ZS232 Real Feedback

Hudzon    3

Hi guys and hope all is well. Thank you in advance for any info or feedback that you can provide. We just sold our Mastercraft X35 and are seriously considering a zs232. We like EVERYTHING about the boat, build quality and local dealer both being huge priorities for us. 

I wanted to know what your experience has been like with the interior of the boat and the number of people you regularly take on the water with you. Our previous boat was super comfortable with about 10 ppl on board. Typically 4 to 5 adults and 5 kids. 

The only other boat we are considering is possibly the Moomba Makai, strictly because of the interior layout. We like EVERYTHING else about the supreme. Centurion FI would be on our list but its slightly out of the price range that we'd like to be at. 

We don't have access to physically see one in person and all my comparisons are based off of online photos where i don't necessarily think that the supreme interior photos do it justice and the Moomba photos make it look huge inside. 

Thanks again - lmk your thoughts about interior and real world use. What do you like and what don't you like

Troy. R    198

Hey @Hudzon
We absolutely LOVE our ZS232! We checked out all of the $100K-ish and below priced boats when we were in the market last year. I would say that the Supreme was the best in build quality, vinyl, fit/finish in that market segment. I would also add that we felt Moomba was second in these areas. Along with the build quality etc., wave, storage, and preferably no need for lead weight were priorities to us (I know others like lead, but I prefer not to use it since you can never get rid of it. It's there when you're trailering, cruising, etc.). The ZS232 also won on those factors. The majority of ballast is sub-floor so there is a ton of storage space since you don't have to fill the are below the seats with ballast bags. Additionally, because the freeboard is so tall on the ZS, there is storage for boards above the engine. From what I have seen, the wave is the best available in this market segment as well (with no need for additional lead weight). My understanding from talking to the dealers of the other brands (Moomba, ATX, Axis, etc.) they all basically admitted that you need to add lead or other ballast beyond what comes factory.

We typically have 8-10 in the boat when we go out and it is very comfortable with plenty of room. We did have as many as 14 a few times and it was obviously a tighter fit, but still fine. An additional comment I would make on the interior is, we love how tall it is inside.

Here's a good walkthrough on the boat:

Here is one on the Centurion/Supreme vacuum infused built process/quality:

Troy. R    198

Here’s another good walkthrough video that shows the wave at the end

Hudzon    3

Thanks for all the info! I've seen the videos hundreds of times and am currently obsessed w the boat. I'm super happy to hear that your constantly out with 10 and comfortable. That's my big final factor to pulling the trigger. We are a family of 5 and when we take out friends we end up with about 9 or 10 ppl. Hopefully putting down a deposit and getting on the build schedule this week :) SUPER PUMPED

Troy. R    198
19 minutes ago, Hudzon said:

Thanks for all the info! I've seen the videos hundreds of times and am currently obsessed w the boat. I'm super happy to hear that your constantly out with 10 and comfortable. That's my big final factor to pulling the trigger. We are a family of 5 and when we take out friends we end up with about 9 or 10 ppl. Hopefully putting down a deposit and getting on the build schedule this week :) SUPER PUMPED

Also as a fan of 5, are in the exact same situation. Room has not been an issue for us. When we were looking, the local dealer had a ZS212, but not a 232.  My wife loved it and wanted to buy it instead of waiting for a 232. I told her the extra 2’ would make all the difference in the world when we had 2+ families out with us, and that’s proven to be true.

Riverguy    1

I just picked up my 2021 Supreme ZS232 and inspected every inch of the boat (literally with a GoPro). I am happy with the interior quality. The vinyl looks great and is durable. It's going to be a couple weeks before the lakes open up, so I only have garage time with the boat so far. 

The audio system is an area of focus for me right now. Wet sounds Speakers, sub and amps are great. Supreme is now using the touchscreen for audio source/control. I am not in love with having to use the display for volume adjustment and may add a Wet sounds multi-zone controller. This looks like an easy upgrade (that should be standard).

Also of note are ~5 available Accessory switches that appear to be pre-wired. Need to put those to good use...

I may start a separate thread on the touch-screen display technology and audio system.

Hudzon    3

Thats great info...i was unaware that the "only" volume control was on the actual screen itself. If you were to start a touch-screen display thread, i'd definitly be watching...just saying.

Coming from a mastercraft and teamtalk, its awesome to see that this forum is active. Crazy how much good information can be exchanged.

Schnboo    0

I picked up my ZS232 early December and have had it out three times so far. I bought used (2019). I came from an 02 Calabria Pro V so from my perspective, everything about this boat is awesome! When I was looking, I was looking at the Axis A22, MB F22, B52, the S238 and then the ZS (both). I've demoed all the boats mentioned and several others. Like Troy R has said, this boat has plenty of ballast right out of the box. The other boats I've looked at have great wakes as well but I was stuck on the look of the ZS. I've surrendered to the fact that I won't be wakeboarding anymore and so for me the surf wave on this boat was the best without anything added. I added another 500# in lead bags becase of crew size when surfing. Typically theres three of us. When it's family and friends I can always offset the lead bags by not filling the ballast full. Awesome boats for sure!! Good luck!! Here's a vid of our third outing. 

Hudzon    3

Really thankful for the feedback. Surf wake looks AMAZING! We were never able to really dial in our MC X35, part of the reason we sold it. We still constantly kill ourselves on the wakeboards acting like age aint a thing :). Will be nice to surf a little.

Schnboo    0
7 hours ago, Hudzon said:

Really thankful for the feedback. Surf wake looks AMAZING! We were never able to really dial in our MC X35, part of the reason we sold it. We still constantly kill ourselves on the wakeboards acting like age aint a thing :). Will be nice to surf a little.

I'm finally giving in to the fact that I'm too old to be getting inverted on a wakeboard. As much as I love it, it's too much risk for me to be out of work cause I hurt myself. I evened out the lead on the ZS and the wakeboard wake is pretty sweet though.  I feel like this boat was super easy to dial but I have read that people add weight because the wake can be weight finicky without. I didn't want to get out and decide later I wanted to add weight so I did it right out of the gate. I love it! 

Hudzon    3

WE PULLED THE TRIGGER! Gave our deposit and now a waiting game to get on the build schedule :). Thank you guys for the info!

Until the last moment we were still considering a Centurion Fi23 and we finally got to see one at the dealer. After seeing the Fi in person, we immediately decided to go supreme. The freeboard is a big deal for us and while we do like the Fi23 we decided to go supreme based on the depth and height of the hull. Plus i just love the lines! 

All of our boating happens in south Florida and the Florida keys, hence why such a big emphasis on freeboard height and ability to handle a little chop.

Nothing new - but going to be doing an all white on white build with large decals and trying to decide between mocha vs camel interior (Difficult to get a real feel for the colors online). I know its a bad word around these boats but we are building a full salt water packaged boat....we've lived on the coast our entire life and know and understand how to maintain saltwater boats like new. The OCD is next level.

Now comes the waiting game and trying to suppress the excitement.

Troy. R    198
47 minutes ago, Hudzon said:

WE PULLED THE TRIGGER! Gave our deposit and now a waiting game to get on the build schedule :). Thank you guys for the info!

Until the last moment we were still considering a Centurion Fi23 and we finally got to see one at the dealer. After seeing the Fi in person, we immediately decided to go supreme. The freeboard is a big deal for us and while we do like the Fi23 we decided to go supreme based on the depth and height of the hull. Plus i just love the lines! 

All of our boating happens in south Florida and the Florida keys, hence why such a big emphasis on freeboard height and ability to handle a little chop.

Nothing new - but going to be doing an all white on white build with large decals and trying to decide between mocha vs camel interior (Difficult to get a real feel for the colors online). I know its a bad word around these boats but we are building a full salt water packaged boat....we've lived on the coast our entire life and know and understand how to maintain saltwater boats like new. The OCD is next level.

Now comes the waiting game and trying to suppress the excitement.

Congratulations!

All white is a very clean look.

I haven’t seen the mocha in person, but I have seen camel and it looks great. The ZS212 my wife wanted to buy was camel/white with camel accent and black welting and looked great with the toffee gator step.

In person camel looks more tan and less orange than the boat builder online.

Hudzon    3

Another random question - have you actually used the rear wet storage as a cooler? Can it actually keep ice frozen for a decent period of time? is it possible to add a weather striping or gasket to seal and keep ice a little better?

Troy. R    198
18 minutes ago, Hudzon said:

Another random question - have you actually used the rear wet storage as a cooler? Can it actually keep ice frozen for a decent period of time? is it possible to add a weather striping or gasket to seal and keep ice a little better?

I have.

Ice doesn’t last very long back there in the AZ summer. By the end of last season we just used it for wet storage (ropes, vests, etc.). I suspect it would work better in a cooler climate or spring/fall.

What dealer did you order from?

Edited by Troy. R

Hudzon    3

I'm located in Miami, FL.....so ice will definitely not last. We are ordering the boat through Miami Nautique. They've been great to work with. 

Riverguy    1

Congratulations Hudzon on the boat order! I have an all white ZS232 with gray interior. Love it!

Troy. R    198
2 hours ago, Hudzon said:

I'm located in Miami, FL.....so ice will definitely not last. We are ordering the boat through Miami Nautique. They've been great to work with. 

I would suspect not on the ice. I actually bought mine from Nautiques of Orlando. That’s why I asked.

Schnboo    0

Congratulations on the purchase Hudzon! If I went brand new it would have also been all white with the Black Chromex Supreme logo and camel/black interior. Probably the brown Gatorstep. Post a pic once you get it!

There are a few people here in Washington that I know of that run theirs in the salt. Zero issues that I'm aware of. Same saltwater package on two of them and the other runs without. I don't know if his has zinc plates on it or not. 

Hudzon    3

Thanks for all the info...genuinely appreciated. Will absolutely post build pics when it gets going. Got a feeling its going to take a while given the current build schedules. Crossing the fingers to be able to build and receive by the end of this year, hopefully December. Good thing about the FL keys is that the boating is year round ;) 

Troy. R    198
5 hours ago, Hudzon said:

Thanks for all the info...genuinely appreciated. Will absolutely post build pics when it gets going. Got a feeling its going to take a while given the current build schedules. Crossing the fingers to be able to build and receive by the end of this year, hopefully December. Good thing about the FL keys is that the boating is year round ;) 

??
Same here in AZ! ☀️??‍♂️

The good thing is, the GA Supreme production facility is opening in a few months. They say it will increase production capacity by over 100%.