Sign in to follow this  
Hudzon

Needing some ZS232 Real Feedback

Hudzon    3

I was told the same thing about the new facility in GA! Final question (maybe final question) did you guys do the 409 PCM or the 450 PCM and what has your experience been?

We were planning on going with the 409 wanting to place a bit more emphasis on the fuel efficiency. We do looooong days on the water so really looking forward to the 80 gallon fuel tank which is much larger than our last boat. Last boat was a major gas guzzler, and honestly, to the point where it was problematic. 

Are there realized daily used gains to going with the 450? 

Troy. R    198

I have the 450.
My boat was a leftover 2019 sitting on the lot in Orlando last year, so I did not order my own options. Luckily, it came loaded. When I was working with the local dealer and getting ready to place my order, we were going to go with the 409. In retrospect, I am glad I have the 450. We typically boat at lakes at 1500' to 2500' in elevation and will go to Lake Powell occasionally which is 3600'. Even with the 450 when I had 14 people in the boat I had to have a few jump in the bow to get to surf speed when fully ballast loaded. All that said, at sea level I think you would be fine with the 409.

As for fuel efficiency, I have been very pleasantly surprised by this boat. Depending on how hard we go surfing v. cruising/floating and swimming, I can get as many as 3 day trips on 1 tank of gas.

The Tapered-V hull of the ZS is very similar to the Opti-V that Centurion is running. Here are a few cool videos Boardco did on fuel consumption compared to other brands:

Hudzon    3

Not yet - no dates. Waiting for official 2022 build/cost sheet from dealer. We did one based off of the 2021 pricing/options. Hopefully we'll be given a target date soon. 

Riverguy    1
21 hours ago, Hudzon said:

I was told the same thing about the new facility in GA! Final question (maybe final question) did you guys do the 409 PCM or the 450 PCM and what has your experience been?

We were planning on going with the 409 wanting to place a bit more emphasis on the fuel efficiency. We do looooong days on the water so really looking forward to the 80 gallon fuel tank which is much larger than our last boat. Last boat was a major gas guzzler, and honestly, to the point where it was problematic. 

Are there realized daily used gains to going with the 450? 

The Supreme/PCM web sites are vague when it comes to engine details. PCM provides info on Centurion & Nautique engines, but not Supreme. My Pleasure Craft Marine engine tag shows Model C 15 04D041FW 21 A. The engine vanity cover says 450hp. Are these engine models unique to Supreme or re-badged Centurion engines? Build sheet lists 'Supreme Power by GM Marine'. The engine branding strategy is confusing...

Troy. R    198
3 hours ago, Riverguy said:

The Supreme/PCM web sites are vague when it comes to engine details. PCM provides info on Centurion & Nautique engines, but not Supreme. My Pleasure Craft Marine engine tag shows Model C 15 04D041FW 21 A. The engine vanity cover says 450hp. Are these engine models unique to Supreme or re-badged Centurion engines? Build sheet lists 'Supreme Power by GM Marine'. The engine branding strategy is confusing...

I have found the engine data to be vague and confusing in the same way. My options list from the dealer says "Engine Upgrade to HO 6.0L 450". From the engine specific technical information documents available on PCM's website, and the location of the water drains, it would appear to a ZR4 6.0L HO. 

Go to the PCM site Support>>Owners>>2020>>ZR4/ZR7/XR7/XS7 Technical Information and that should cover your engine.

69C10    2

Bringing this one back to the top.

I’ve got a few questions while Im waiting to hear if my local dealer can get any more build spots for 2022 as they’ve already sold out, if they can, I’m putting my deposit down.

Rough water, what’s the worst day you’ve been caught on the water, and how smooth/rough was the ride and did you have any spray coming into the boat? Obviously I know it’s not an ocean going craft with massive wave taking ability, just curious on its ability to handle 3ft white caps and stay dry when those storms blow in from nowhere. 
Is there any concerns with waves coming over the bow? From idling back through your own rollers to getting slammed by someone else’s waves while you’re stopped to swim or relax. Some pictures the bow looks to sit quite high out of the water, and others looks kind of low, I’m sure it’s just from ballast or angle of picture, but I didn’t really pay attention to this on our demo.

Final questions are on price. I haven’t got official quotes yet, just ballpark, but what is the price difference on the 409 to 450 upgrade? If it’s reasonable I may opt for the 450. Lastly, dealer is saying 3% increase for 2022’s being built after October I think it was, does that sound legit? 

I currently have an 06 tige 22v, so am no stranger to a low bow and keeping the nose above water, but on rough days she’s rough and takes a moderate amount of spray into the cockpit.

Troy. R    198

Rough water ride will be a night and day difference from the 22v you’re coming from. Earlier this year we were at Havasu on a night run and the wind really pickup while we were out in the big/open part of the lake. It wasn’t like running across glass, but we were able to cut through the chop without issue. 1000x better than my dad’s old Wakesetter 247.

I took a little water over the bow once on my boat, and it was operator error on our first outing. I was messing with other stuff (dash, screen, figuring out circuit breaker location, etc.) trying to figure out the boat/not paying close enough attention to my surroundings and got caught in a bad spot.

As far as fighting through my wave to pick up riders, not an issue. As soon as a rider falls, dump the throttle, turn the wheel opposite your wave, and let the wave push you around. Easiest most efficient way to pick up downed surfers.

Im not sure what it is now, but on my ‘19 the 450 was a $5,143 upgrade. I’m glad I have it, because we regularly go to a lake that’s about 2500’ in elevation and sometimes have a large crew (12-14). That said, it depends on your elevation, normal crew size, etc. If you trust your dealer and they say you don’t need it, you can probably get by with just the surf prop upgrade (or whatever they call it).

I was talking to our local dealer a few weeks back and they also mentioned the price hike for ‘22. Not specifically a mid-year hike, but with the current inflation etc. it doesn’t seem outrageous.

Best of luck! Keep us posted!

69C10    2

Thanks for the feedback Troy, you seem to be about the only real contributor around these parts from what I see, it sure is helpful!

Generally I let my wave pass by and then go back, same as you explained. Different story pulling the kids on the tube though when all they want is waves haha. I’ve read more then a few times the centurion/supremes handle chop the best, so it’s good reassurance.

$5k sure seems steep, I’m from Canada so that will be more like 7-8 here I’m sure. The dealer recommends the 409, even at our 3300’ altitude,  so I may just listen to them on that if the price is that high. If the border and all this Covid junk smartens up, I’d love to make it down to Tahoe or similar, would sure kick myself if she was an absolute dog up there.

Troy. R    198
4 hours ago, 69C10 said:

Thanks for the feedback Troy, you seem to be about the only real contributor around these parts from what I see, it sure is helpful!

Generally I let my wave pass by and then go back, same as you explained. Different story pulling the kids on the tube though when all they want is waves haha. I’ve read more then a few times the centurion/supremes handle chop the best, so it’s good reassurance.

$5k sure seems steep, I’m from Canada so that will be more like 7-8 here I’m sure. The dealer recommends the 409, even at our 3300’ altitude,  so I may just listen to them on that if the price is that high. If the border and all this Covid junk smartens up, I’d love to make it down to Tahoe or similar, would sure kick myself if she was an absolute dog up there.

Yeah, the vast majority have migrated over to Facebook. I don’t have and never will have a Facebook page, so this is my only boat outlet online. Haha! This website used to be very busy and full of great info and contributors, but not so much anymore unfortunately.

I have never had any issue crossing my wake while pulling a tube, or even crossing the wake of big cigarette boats on Lake Havasu.

69C10    2

Looking at pictures of the tower/Bimini, are there any clearance/interference issues with the big forward facing Bimini arms and the boat when the towers folded down? My garage door is just under 10ft, so the tower has to be folded to get her in the garage, so I really don’t want to fudge around with the Bimini to get the boat parked after a day out. Also, will the tower fold down with the cover on the boat?

Troy. R    198
1 hour ago, 69C10 said:

Looking at pictures of the tower/Bimini, are there any clearance/interference issues with the big forward facing Bimini arms and the boat when the towers folded down? My garage door is just under 10ft, so the tower has to be folded to get her in the garage, so I really don’t want to fudge around with the Bimini to get the boat parked after a day out. Also, will the tower fold down with the cover on the boat?

Are you talking about the new standard tower, or the Roswell tower that was standard for 20-21 (an upgrade now)? I don’t know on the new towers, but most fold down inside the windshield and will sit at about the general height of the windshield. The Octo tower on my ZS has similar arms for the bimini. When the bimini is stowed, to put the tower down it is tight by the throttle, but will collapse all the way down.

If you want to cover with the tower down, you’d have to drop the tower, then put the cover on.

69C10    2
3 hours ago, Troy. R said:

Are you talking about the new standard tower, or the Roswell tower that was standard for 20-21 (an upgrade now)? I don’t know on the new towers, but most fold down inside the windshield and will sit at about the general height of the windshield. The Octo tower on my ZS has similar arms for the bimini. When the bimini is stowed, to put the tower down it is tight by the throttle, but will collapse all the way down.

If you want to cover with the tower down, you’d have to drop the tower, then put the cover on.

Ya talking the new Roswell tower that’s coming on the 2021+ boats. I’m sure it will fold down all together just haven’t seen anything to confirm. My dealers first 22 zs232 should land at the end of the month, he said I could check it out before it’s delivered to the customer, so will probably check into that. 

Hudzon    3

Well, its been a while and a couple things have changed so I figured id jump on and post an update. We put our deposit down on a ZS232 back in Feb of 2021 and while waiting we were obviously constantly keeping up with Supreme, became super super intrigued with the release of the S240. Dealer told us we had time to swap and wouldn't necessarily loose our place in que for the build so we made the change to the S40. Gel got sprayed in December and we should be taking delivery first or second week of February. Will post some pics upon receipt. We've had an amazing experience with our dealer, couldn't be happier - super stoked!

The reason for the change to the S240 was purely due to size. The S fell right into our budget and offered that little bit of extra seating capacity.

For the build here's more or less what we optioned out:

• White/silver metal flake sharp scheme
  • Whisper Gray Main Seat Color
  • Whisper Gray Seat Boxing
  • White Accent
  • S2S Gatorstep (silver cloud/sharkfin)
  • Sewlong bimini
  • SST Tower with white base
  • PCM 450
  • Champ Audio package - white

Did want to say thank you again for all the info provided here regarding the ZS, it was greatly appreciated! 

69C10    2
5 hours ago, Hudzon said:

Well, its been a while and a couple things have changed so I figured id jump on and post an update. We put our deposit down on a ZS232 back in Feb of 2021 and while waiting we were obviously constantly keeping up with Supreme, became super super intrigued with the release of the S240. Dealer told us we had time to swap and wouldn't necessarily loose our place in que for the build so we made the change to the S40. Gel got sprayed in December and we should be taking delivery first or second week of February. Will post some pics upon receipt. We've had an amazing experience with our dealer, couldn't be happier - super stoked!

The reason for the change to the S240 was purely due to size. The S fell right into our budget and offered that little bit of extra seating capacity.

For the build here's more or less what we optioned out:

• White/silver metal flake sharp scheme
  • Whisper Gray Main Seat Color
  • Whisper Gray Seat Boxing
  • White Accent
  • S2S Gatorstep (silver cloud/sharkfin)
  • Sewlong bimini
  • SST Tower with white base
  • PCM 450
  • Champ Audio package - white

Did want to say thank you again for all the info provided here regarding the ZS, it was greatly appreciated! 

Good to hear a positive experience and your thought process on making the switch. I too have been somewhat contemplating this same switch, problem is I love the look, extra depth of the ZS, and in reality probably don’t need that extra 10” or people capacity.

Did you get into detail on major differences of the EZ-V and Tapered-V hull and the difference in waves at all? Like why did they dump the staggered chines and downward angle on outer edge of hull? I’ve done a little digging, but still want more solid answers on this, it’s a major hang up in my decision making ability lol (even though I’m sure the difference is barely noticeable).

Did you upgrade to the 450 because of elevation or just the size of the boat? I’ve also decided 450 at 3000’ elevation.

Anyways, the white silver is a classic look, never gets old, that will be a sweet unit!

Hudzon    3
On 8/30/2021 at 9:26 PM, Troy. R said:
16 hours ago, 69C10 said:

Good to hear a positive experience and your thought process on making the switch. I too have been somewhat contemplating this same switch, problem is I love the look, extra depth of the ZS, and in reality probably don’t need that extra 10” or people capacity.

Did you get into detail on major differences of the EZ-V and Tapered-V hull and the difference in waves at all? Like why did they dump the staggered chines and downward angle on outer edge of hull? I’ve done a little digging, but still want more solid answers on this, it’s a major hang up in my decision making ability lol (even though I’m sure the difference is barely noticeable).

Did you upgrade to the 450 because of elevation or just the size of the boat? I’ve also decided 450 at 3000’ elevation.

Anyways, the white silver is a classic look, never gets old, that will be a sweet unit!

So, I too like and prefer the styling of the ZS and am honestly quite shocked that we even made the decision to swap over to the S240. I did not get into the major differences in the EZ-V versus the Tapered V - i did figure that the newer tech and newer hulls would all go the route of EZ-V hence the new ZS252  - that played a small factor into the decision making. We wanted a solid rough water ride and we knew that both hulls would deliver on that. The biggest part of the decision was just size due to where and how we do all of our boating. We are in the Florida keys and constantly on the bay where there is just no substitution for size with a large family and long days on the water. My dealer played a huge role in the decision as well, we literally trusted their opinion and are buying the boat without ever sitting in or seeing an S240 in person. We spoke about potentially making the change as soon as the boat was announced and waited for feedback from our guys after the official release and dealer meetings. Once we had real feed back after these guys were on the boat, they came back stoked and thought that the S would fit our particular families wants and needs a bit better than the ZS. My biggest concern was freeboard, I LOVE the freeboard in the ZS and the guys came back very confident that the S240 had more than enough freeboard to feel as if your sitting "in" the boat. As for the decision to go with the 450, it was basically, well, to be very honest, a splurge. I felt as though the 450 option would be good for resale and would never leave us feeling as if we "should" have opted for more power with all ballast options selected, a large family, and the large capacity fuel tank. The boat is heavy!

Dry weight and the slightly easier on and off of the swim platform from the back of the boat also played a factor in the decision. We have small kids, 11, 10, and 8 along with nieces and nephews that are much younger and while it might sound a bit silly, we do a lot of hanging out at the reefs/snorkeling in the keys and i thought the S240 would be slightly more comfortable for the all day getting in and out of the water through the back of the boat due to the slightly lower freeboard at the rear. 

Hudzon    3

Oh and on color scheme, I'm mad at myself for "playing it safe" but super happy that we will have a classic, never go out of style, color scheme...

However, if I was a bit more ballsy, I would have gone military green metal flake, military green all the way through the boat with full tan interior - LOVING all the OD Green boats that all manufacturers are putting out lately!!

Left the color choices up to my household and majority vote went to white/silver/gray

Hudzon    3

Long over due update....

We officially took delivery of our 22 S240 this past April and its been amazing.

I'll try to give good/bad ect ect and so you know my previous boat was a mastercraft x35 salt water series because we live in south Florida and ALL our boating is either in the FL Keys or in the bay

The GOOD

- Size!! Size and freeboard are amazing. Thats the number one thing we were after when shopping for a boat. We wanted to be in the 24ft range

- Rough water ride is fantastic. The boat feels extremely well built. There is not rattling, everything feels solid and the tower is stout

- Interior materials are amazing. We went full OTB and couldnt be happier with the result. Everything cleans up very easy and seems like it will last a very LONG time. 

- Computer/controls on the boat are very simple and striaght to the point. Gotta say i do like the automatic adjusting volume on the radio

- Engine bay is very well laid out. You can tell that they took time and though into making a boat that can be properly maintained. Due to salt water use, i constantly make sure to clean and protect every engine component, this lay out makes it very easy to work around the entire engine.

- PCM 450 has been above expectations. Fuel efficiency is very good & plenty of power with a loaded boat

- Silent stinger plate does its job!

- Wakeboard wake and surf wake have both been very easy to setup & enjoy

- SEWLONG BIMINI IS AMAZING! This was a splurge when we priced the boat and its honestly one of my favorite features 

- Wetsounds champ sys is more than enough for us

The not as good:

- The flush mount system being under the swim platform. I did prefer our flush mount sys on our previous boat which was located above the swim platform. Makes in water flushing a lot easier

- Water drainage when washing the boat. As the boat sits on the trailer i find it difficult to get "all" the water out of the hull when washing. No matter how high/low you place your jack on level ground, not all the water will drain. I'm a bit OCD for drying out the boat and had a 3rd bilge installed just to ensure that all the water exits the boat. Seems like these boats want to collect a little bit of water in the belly of the hull - I have had to go in with my wet-vac to fully  remove the water after washes. 

- Interior hull floor is covered in a black hardened finish. Nothing is wrong with it and i do appreciate the black color to give off a more finished look but it would be nice to have it finished off in gatorstep like the nautiques.

- I also dont necessarily care for the touch screen audio function. especially when under way. I prefer a physical button to handle the volume and ability to change song - that being said we are installing a wetsounds rocker pannel remote to take care of this.

Verdict

VERY VERY VERY VERY HAPPY WITH THE BOAT. As far as price/performance this has to be as good as it gets. The boat is gorgeous and when the sunlight hits the metal flake it goes to another level! Its an extremely comfortable boat that my family and I are beyond grateful to be able to own.

Will get better pics up soon....

1.2.jpg.08eb676feb94a7f482f3854e5c1e80fd.jpg2.2.jpg.8abd107fb4b5a536bffd2b5dd3636248.jpg3.3.jpg.5a3a6722d84e49af2ed2898bad96b3e2.jpg

Edited by Hudzon

Troy. R    198

Beautiful boat @Hudzon! Congrats!

on the water in the hull when flushing out the hull/bilge, it’s kind of the trade off from the deep v. It gives you the great rough water ride and surf wave, but also can collect water. I have a 6x6 wood block that I put under my jack. That seems to get the bow high enough to get the water out.

I actually like the Rhino Liner under the seats. It’s very easy to clean. I definitely prefer it over the carpet in the previous boat (‘07 Avalanche).

Glad to hear you’re overall happy with the boat!