Boatcoin21

Picking up a boat

Boatcoin21    0

Hey everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster. Looking for some advice from some experts here.

My wife finally gave me the green light to get a new (to us) boat. Top priority for me is surfing, and my wife just likes boating around in lake powell, so it seems centurions are th ewway to go. I know prices are super inflated right now, but this is my window to grab one. I've got a few options. I am a goofy rider, so thats important to me, but everyone we go with surfs regular, so I need to be able to produce a good wake on both sides. 

Option 1:

2005 avy c4. 500 hours, looks to be in great shape mechanically and cosmetically. Has upgraded ballast bags in both lockers of an uknown size to the dealer. asking price of 35k.

https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2005-centurion-avalanche-7610371/

Option 2:

2006 avy c4. Uknown hours currently. looks to have been more used than option 1, but the dealer is replacing the perfect pass, upholstery, and redoing the gelcoat on the outside. Stock ballast have been removed, and the dealer promises a good deal on new bags if we purchase it. asking 37k. Pictures have been taken down from the original ad, because the previous owner had his name in vinyl along the side, and they are redoing the gel coat before the repost side shots.

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2006-Centurion-Avalanche-for-sale-St.-George-Utah-117967.aspx

Option 3:

I have a budget of about 40k. I could stretch it for the right boat, but it would hurt when I did any mods or upgrades to it. I have seen an 07 enzo I've considered, but the asking price is 44k, which would hurt.  I can hold out, since surf season is still a few months away, and hope that a better deal comes along.

Any advice? Tips for setting up a goofy wake that i'll love after the purchase?

Troy    234

An Avy will throw a great goofy wave with a few mods. My 08 Avy’s wave is great for the price. Check out an A-plate. And custom sacs. We’ve owned ours since new.  Just my wife in the boat. 

C1F12E52-86EE-4CC1-B2AC-4270652CC0DC.jpeg

Boatcoin21    0

That’s a great looking wake, Troy. What set up do you run? I’ve been learning about A plates. Do you know where you can find one?

Troy. R    198

The Avalanche is a great boat!
On the A-plate, you'll have to have one made. Here is a great thread on the topic:

jtryon    24

i'd go option 1.  yellow will be a tough resale and is a love/hate for ownership.  option 1 and remove the SURF decal and tribal decal and you will have a nice-looking, clean boat that looks to be in great shape.  the plumbing is already there for sacs, so if the ones that it comes with aren't huge you can always just replace them with enzo sacs and be good to go.

Troy    234
On 2/21/2021 at 2:05 PM, Boatcoin21 said:

That’s a great looking wake, Troy. What set up do you run? I’ve been learning about A plates. Do you know where you can find one?

I run a custom sac probably get 1700+ lbs or so in it (fills the whole locker and under the starboard seat) and another 150 in sand bags on the seat corner. Listed hard.  A-plate all the way up. I don't think I had anything else in the boat on that picture.  If I had more, the sand bags would of been on the floor next to the seat and a 300lb bag on the seat. 

I custom built my a-plate. I have a thread on here about it. 

Edited by Troy