Excited about the new purchase of our very first boat. We purchased a 2007 Enzo loaded up from the factory. Long time ago I know!  Anyway, I have it in the shop now having everything checked out mechanically. Anything I should have them check out that they might not know about this boat?  It also has a couple of deep scratches I want to get fixed before it hits the water. Thoughts on this?  Is there Anything I should be looking for that could be hidden?  Appreciate the help and looking forward to getting our new to us boat ready for some fun. 

Troy. R    198

Congrats on the new boat! Which model did you get (220, 230, 240)?

My main concerns would be a mechanical check of the engine/trans/v-drive and replace fluids/filters/impeller while they’re at it. A diagnostic check of ECM to see if there is any stored fault data and while the computer is hooked up, you may as well get the actual engine hrs wouldn’t be a bad idea either.

Other things they could check would be function of gauges, function of ballast pumps, function of blower, function of bilge pump, things like that, but these are items you can easily check yourself.

• Like 1

jtryon    24

check for scoring on the water pump when you have the impeller changed.  if you feel ridges in the intake side of the pump where the impeller spins, have that half of the pump replaced otherwise it may not prime at idle and you will overheat.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Troy. R said:

Congrats on the new boat! Which model did you get (220, 230, 240)?

My main concerns would be a mechanical check of the engine/trans/v-drive and replace fluids/filters/impeller while they’re at it. A diagnostic check of ECM to see if there is any stored fault data and while the computer is hooked up, you may as well get the actual engine hrs wouldn’t be a bad idea either.

Other things they could check would be function of gauges, function of ballast pumps, function of blower, function of bilge pump, things like that, but these are items you can easily check yourself.

Is there a way to test all of these items out of the water?  

Troy. R    198

All of the pumps and blower you can check by turning on and checking that the light on the switch turns on and listening for the audible sound of the motor running. If you have access to a fake-a-lake you can start the engine and check all of the gauges except the speedometer. If you don’t have a fake-a-lake, you’ll need one. Here’s a link:

Inboard Engine Motor Flusher Fake a Lake Ski Boat Mastercraft Malibu Nautique https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H93R2IO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_ZKGABGY073TZ2BQTPY6Y