Sign in to follow this  
Schnboo

Octo Tower upper mounts

Schnboo    0

Anyone have anything mounted in the upper mounts on the Octo Tower? Flag Holders, Board racks (where would I find a set?) or something else? I’d post a pic but I don’t know how to resize them on my phone.

F1DC8177-877C-4473-8630-59B7AA2D5ACA.jpeg

Edited by Schnboo

Troy. R    198

I actually contacted Skylon (the tower manufacturer) about flag holders for that location with no luck. I never had interest in more board racks. We have plenty of board storage with the factory board racks, bimini sleeves, above engine storage, and under the observer seat. I have seen Octo towers with flags and with and board racks in that location so it’s certainly possible.

Schnboo    0

I wouldn’t mind a flag holder but I think that’s something that I would be able to fab in my garage. It wouldn’t be aluminum but I could paint it white and it would look fine.

Schnboo    0

Troy I also reached out to Skylon. Nothin. I did reach out to wakemakers who also carry Skylon and they didn’t have a whole lot to say except that they don’t have the fixed rack in stock but that would need the adapter that would set the stand-off from the tower. Maybe I’ll just do a flagpole holder.

Troy. R    198
1 hour ago, Schnboo said:

Troy I also reached out to Skylon. Nothin. I did reach out to wakemakers who also carry Skylon and they didn’t have a whole lot to say except that they don’t have the fixed rack in stock but that would need the adapter that would set the stand-off from the tower. Maybe I’ll just do a flagpole holder.

Yeah, you'd need some sort of standoff for sure if you wanted to go the board rack route.
You might want to reach out to Fineline Industries (Centurion/Supreme). They'll have to have a solution. Here's their #: 209-384-0255.

Last year I ran flags on my tower on one outing. I held the flags to 3/4 PVC with zip ties that ran through holes that I drilled in the PVC. I also drilled a through-hole in the PVC at upper tower mount height and used the holes in the upper tower mounts as a tie point for zip ties. Then added another zip tie at the bottom of the PVC for stability. Though this is not a long term solution, the zip ties held up better than expected. I ran at nearly 30mph at times with no issues.

Schnboo    0

Troy I think I will just do a flag pole holder. I wish I knew how to weld aluminum but I don't. So I'll just weld some schedule 40 pipe to a plate with enough standoff to clear the tower. Then drill the four bolt holes and just add the bolts to the tower holes. I can't remember but I think they're threaded. I'll see what I can dig up for material at work then fab something up. I wish you didn't have to shrink pictures up so much to post them em. Otherwise I'd post the results.

Troy. R    198
13 hours ago, Schnboo said:

Troy I think I will just do a flag pole holder. I wish I knew how to weld aluminum but I don't. So I'll just weld some schedule 40 pipe to a plate with enough standoff to clear the tower. Then drill the four bolt holes and just add the bolts to the tower holes. I can't remember but I think they're threaded. I'll see what I can dig up for material at work then fab something up. I wish you didn't have to shrink pictures up so much to post them em. Otherwise I'd post the results.

My nephew is a fabricator. I've been planning on having him do the same thing. I just haven't got around to drawing up the design for him.

twlyons1    0

Iam planning to use that mount for supporting partially a ski boom to help teach our daughter and friends how to ski on boards and ?? feet, butt, table---lol

The Octo base has a very solid thick mount that is hollow ,and a simple mount can be put in the middle of that area on the out side of boat area of it, put a 1 1/2" ss 14 Ga. tube 10' with a single pin with a 1/8 ss cable down near the 9' area outer end plus with eyelet for a climbers D-Ring and threaded eyelet in that mount above on the towers  ,,, run another forward to the boats bow eye with an ample noodle for protection of hull,.

I have sent in the idea to Lane 'Dawg' Bowers and Barefoot ... considering the Octo Tower has no mounts designed for it,, other than putting a pole/ Boom across the entire boat then out for the student person to learn. . There is no mount or plan with them other than drilling 8 holes in the gunnel--on the 2018 S238 --nnooppe - not gonna happen,, 4 holes on the out side of the Octo base and if mount ever removed--4 rubber plugs for 5/16 holes ...... They will have to be looking for it to find it :) situation.

OctoTower Mount for Boom.jpg