Sign in to follow this  
John N

First Wake Boat... need Help please.

John N    1

Hello everyone... my first post but Ive been trolling for months. 

I have decided to make the plunge (both a move and a boat) moving to Lake Community in SC. Want a boat day one of my move in March 1st! I have a very cool dealer that has 3 nice low hours pre-owned boats I am considering pulling the trigger on. A few things to know. 1. We will surf 90% of the time! 2. We will have four adults and four kids most of the time so 22-24 ft. 3. This is the big one, I have a LX570 that has max towing load of 7000lbs. Boat 1 is 2014 Centurion SV233 crazy low hours (ramfill and cats) , Boat 2 2015 Centurion FS44 220 hours ramfill and cats but no surf tabs. 3. Supreme 2020 s238 no ramfil but has the surftabs. 4. 2014 Centurion sv244 200 hours ram/cats. 

My biggest issue is the FS244 is 5300lbs add gas and trailer and your slightly over 7000lbs. Not sure if anyone has thoughts on that... I live close to the ramp. and the other issue is the SV244 is the lowest price and crazy low hours 100+

your thoughts. I appreciate the input. We really want a bigger boat i.e. the FS44 but I think the towing weight is a real factor... the sv233 is 4600lbs, Supreme is 4700lbs, SV244 is 5000, FS44 is 5400lbs. They also have an amazing looking crazy low hours 2015 Supra SA 450 but its 5600lbs. Any other boat Im overlooking in the sub 5000lbs that can surf ? 

Troy. R    198

I would think that the limitation on towing capacity is more of a suspension issue than power issue. Braking of course is also a factor, but from my experience, these newer trailers brake very well. For example, I could feel my 2007 Centurion Avalanche (4000lbs dry + trailer, fuel, gear, etc.) push my 2005 Ram 1500 when breaking pretty bad. With my current Supreme ZS232 (5450lbs dry + trailer, fuel, gear, etc.) I can hardly feel it when normal braking in my 2018 Ram 1500.

With that said, and considering you’ll be close to the launch, you could simply add some air springs to assist the suspension and go for the FS44 or SV244...

John N    1

It has the AHC which is air ride suspension which does an incredible job leveling out. The dealer did mention the trailer brakes are pretty effective. 

Edit: it is the 233 that has the "crazy low hours" and the lowest price and lowest weight . The SV233 would be around 6400/6500 lbs all in (gas, trailer, boat, gear). So I am leaning that way. 

Dreamer    96

I put our SV244 on the scales with 2/3rds of a tank of gas plus a tool kit but no gear and it totalled 7200#’s.

John N    1

Wow! thank you Dreamer... that means the 244 is probably out. I have to throw something else out there. I am talking with a private seller about a 2017 Tige Z3 taps 3 that the wife absolutely loves the looks and styling of. I know that Tige might be off topic but can anyone chime in on this one... Its somehow is the lightest boat of all choices at 4500lbs and would be right in my tow range. and the wife is saying yes to a more expensive boat. yay. Ive read and seen videos of the wake and it looks incredible.  

Troy. R    198

I got a chance to play with a 2017 Z3 with taps 3 for a weekend a few years back when my brother-in-law first got one. They’re nice boats, but we couldn’t figure out how to dial the wave. To be honest, the Avalanche I had at the time had a much better wave. Like you, I’ve seen the videos so I know it can be done. After doing some research he ended up getting like 800+ lbs of lead and from what I understand it helped quite a bit, but I never went out on it with the extra weight. I’m sure you can find good wave setup advice on the Tige forum if you end up going that route.

The Z3 is the lightest because of the hull design. It’s a modified-v which means it flattens in the back. The Centurions are deep-v hulls which means they carry their v shape all the way back. The deep-v requires more fiberglass which of course means more weight. The deep-v is also easier to lean which is why the Centurions tend to throw great waves easier. Final note on the deep-v... they handle rough water much better than modified-v’s, but tend to be more weight sensitive side to side.

I wouldn’t count out the S238 either. They have a similar hull design as the Enzo and will be a little bigger in terms of interior room and I believe freeboard than the 233 and Z3 (also newer). From what I’ve read, they do require a little more weight than what comes stock. I believe most replace the stock 750 PnP sacs with 1100s and piggyback sacs under the port/starboard seats. That said, I’ve never ridden behind one.

Hope this all helps! Let us know what you decide.

Jmoore15    0

I currently have a Z3. If set up correctly I personally think they put out one of the best surf waves u will find. They love weight and the factory ballast is very lack luster. The 2017 has the Taps 3 and not the new GSA setup for the surf tabs which is one drawback. 

John N    1
1 hour ago, Jmoore15 said:

6304FAED-716B-4274-A42B-32B09EEC4418.jpeg.cb1997dbadcd101bd2af14096362832a.jpegThis is my Z w 7 peeps, about 5k, at 11.

That wake looks pretty darn good! 

John N    1

Ok, first, thank you for the replies and help. I am going to try and nail down a boat over the weekend and have it narrowed down to the... 

2014 SV233 with 125 hours and the  Tige 2017 Z3 150 hours which is about 12k more money. Any last thoughts are welcome to help get me over the hump. both boats are close to 4500 lbs and can safely be towed. I really didnt hear any thoughts on going with a heavier boat pushing my 7000 lbs tow capabilities to the max. 

John N    1

Boom! So just locked it down. Pulled the trigger on a new VI22 fully loaded! Thank you for helping guys. look forward to posting more down the road. 

I did have one question: It has all blue led lighting (boat interior, speakers, sub) however the downfire have red led. They gave me a 500 dollar credit to change these to blue. Would you keep or change and spend the money on the one upgrade it didnt have but I want which is LED Transom lights. Would it look out of place to have the Red led? They use BlastLED.com for the transom light. I thought I saw a wetsounds transom light that looked cool. not sure if anyone can chime in here. I dig the orange!  

vi22 (2).jpg

• Like 1

Troy. R    198

Congrats John!

I like the orange flake too. What’s the interior color scheme? Post a pic!

On the speaker rings, that’s really a personal decision. I’d say, turn them all on at night and see what you think.

If the transom lights are something you really want, go for it! We are rarely on the water after dusk, so I am personally not too concerned with all the lighting options. My boat happens to have the factory transom lights and dock lights, and I didn’t even use them once last year. We probably will this year since we’re planning a week long trip to Powell among a few other extended trips.

John N    1

ok wife ruled blue... so there you have it. going to put a boatplugguy.com 16000 lumen boat plug light with no drilling required. Ordered a Matrix for me a Scamp for my son and I cant remember what the wife's board is called. See everyone on the forum. Added interior pic. its ALL hex vinyl 60178f2085776_interiorvi22.jpg.ab6451f761a6812c1f6ea5aac2d15427.jpg

Edited by John N

Troy    234

You will love the Vi22. Great boats. Congrats!

On 1/30/2021 at 3:00 PM, John N said:

Boom! So just locked it down. Pulled the trigger on a new VI22 fully loaded! Thank you for helping guys. look forward to posting more down the road. 

I did have one question: It has all blue led lighting (boat interior, speakers, sub) however the downfire have red led. They gave me a 500 dollar credit to change these to blue. Would you keep or change and spend the money on the one upgrade it didnt have but I want which is LED Transom lights. Would it look out of place to have the Red led? They use BlastLED.com for the transom light. I thought I saw a wetsounds transom light that looked cool. not sure if anyone can chime in here. I dig the orange!  

vi22 (2).jpg

Wait a minute! Please take me through the process that lead you from 2014 sv233 to brand new vi? I am currently in the same steps as your previous search so very interested to hear? Which dealer did you use in SC?

On 1/22/2021 at 0:38 AM, John N said:

Wow! thank you Dreamer... that means the 244 is probably out. I have to throw something else out there. I am talking with a private seller about a 2017 Tige Z3 taps 3 that the wife absolutely loves the looks and styling of. I know that Tige might be off topic but can anyone chime in on this one... Its somehow is the lightest boat of all choices at 4500lbs and would be right in my tow range. and the wife is saying yes to a more expensive boat. yay. Ive read and seen videos of the wake and it looks incredible.  

do not worry about short tows to a launch!!!!!!!!!!!!! unless the launch is a steep lake launch for lake levels that change dramatically and/or it remains wet and slick maybe you would need sn HD for that 

Troy. R    198
On 1/21/2022 at 4:18 PM, Chriskelly0811 said:

Wait a minute! Please take me through the process that lead you from 2014 sv233 to brand new vi? I am currently in the same steps as your previous search so very interested to hear? Which dealer did you use in SC?

I had a similar experience a few years back. We were initially looking for a FS44, SV244, FS33, or SV233. After seeing what was on the market and the cost, we started looking at new because of the benefit of having a warranty, better interest rates, etc. We ended up pulling the trigger on a Supreme ZS232.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..