Sign in to follow this  
Jmoore15

Ri series help

Jmoore15    0

Been looking at Centurion for awhile and now ready to pull the trigger. I’m pretty set on the Ri series but very confused to the differences between the all the boats.237, 257, 245, 265... Crazy to me to have so many boats under the same series. All I’m really interested in is the surf wave. Any major differences between the four?

Troy. R    198

They're all running the same opti-v hull. The 237 (23' 7") was the first in the RI series, then came the 257 (25' 7"). The 245 (24' 6") and 265 (26' 6") just came out this year. Being the latest in the line, the 245 and 265 have some extra frills like different body lines, pop-up backrests on the sun pad, etc. They will all throw a killer surf wave with great adjustability to accommodate the rider's preference/riding style. The bigger the boat the heavier it will be, the more ballast it will have, and the more water it will displace.

Here are some good walkthrough videos to give you an idea of what you'll find in a 237/257 and what you'll find in the 245/265:

Jmoore15    0

Thanks Troy. Maybe I'm wrong but the differences seem pretty minimal, however, there seems to be a very big difference in price between them. I would love to be able to walk thru each and surf all but probable not going to happen based on dealer inventory.  

Troy. R    198

They’re all very impressive boats with great waves. I’d recommend at least going and climbing around the ones that are available at the local dealer. Considering they’ll all throw an amazing wave, see if the differences are worth the extra cost.

Troy    234

For me wave 237-257-245, 245 being the best. I haven't been on a 265 yet. The 245 wave was so impressive! the shape was like my Avy (which i love) but just bigger. First time behind a 245 was my best run I've ever had and I was in a long wetsuit.  Test them all out and see what you think.