On 12/1/2020 at 9:19 AM, Troy. R said:

Not sure if this will be helpful to any of you, but attached are schematics and Bill of Materials for the install I did on my '07 Avy years back. I also included some pics.

http://www.centurioncrew.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=13013

http://www.centurioncrew.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=12972

Also, I don't recall who asked, but earlier in the thread someone asked why Centurion used the Impeller pump to fill and aerator to drain instead of using impeller pumps to fill/drain each tank. This was a cost saving measure. They would use a single impeller pump with the sprinkler valve setup to fill, but that system doesn't allow for easy draining back through the sprinkler valve, so they used the aerator pumps to drain.

In newer boats Centurion/Supreme uses multiple impeller pumps (one per bag/tank) to fill/drain through the same thru-hull. For example, my ZS232 has 8 Ballast Puppies each on its own dedicated thru-hull.

Not sure how I missed this before but this is very helpful Troy.  I was planning to fill my center tank and both rear bags with the factory ballast puppy but now I have a new idea.  I am planning to add an aerator pump to fill the small center tank since it has a 5 pin switch wired for a fill pump and drain pump.  That will allow me to keep that existing switch and have a switch dedicated to that tank which is the only one I need for wakeboarding.  For surfing,  I will then use the ballast puppy to fill and drain both bags (at least for now).  I plan to drain both bags back through the bottom of the hull although I did consider going through the side like you did.  I plan to vent the port bag to the center tank drain line and the startboard bag to the bilge drain line.  This gives me a separate port for overflow of each bag.  My diagram is not as fancy as yours but you can get the idea of my proposed setup.

20201222_145549-d.jpg

Troy. R    186
3 hours ago, 2010 Elite V Oldman WB SS said:

Not sure how I missed this before but this is very helpful Troy.  I was planning to fill my center tank and both rear bags with the factory ballast puppy but now I have a new idea.  I am planning to add an aerator pump to fill the small center tank since it has a 5 pin switch wired for a fill pump and drain pump.  That will allow me to keep that existing switch and have a switch dedicated to that tank which is the only one I need for wakeboarding.  For surfing,  I will then use the ballast puppy to fill and drain both bags (at least for now).  I plan to drain both bags back through the bottom of the hull although I did consider going through the side like you did.  I plan to vent the port bag to the center tank drain line and the startboard bag to the bilge drain line.  This gives me a separate port for overflow of each bag.  My diagram is not as fancy as yours but you can get the idea of my proposed setup.

20201222_145549-d.jpg

Do you plan to add check valves to the 2 lines that you are using as reuse for venting?

If not I would recommend it.

19 hours ago, Troy. R said:

Do you plan to add check valves to the 2 lines that you are using as reuse for venting?

If not I would recommend it.

I was thinking I could get away without them if I used wyes instead of tees.  Then again, since the port bag is on the same line as the center tank drain pump, and the port bag is on the bilge pump drain line, I may have to add them.  If I can access the vent/overflow line for the center tank, I may vent the to bags to that same line and use wye fittings.  I don't think it would be necessary to have the check valves in that case.

Jralvarez21    0
On 11/24/2020 at 1:57 PM, fjohnp said:

If you're looking to keep it reasonable, you could build a new distribution centre off of your existing pump using always closed valves, some simple wiring, and extra switches on the bank below your throttle.  I replaced my sprinkler valves with 12 Volte Brass Always  ($25 each on Amazon I think) Closed Valves. While the wiring was there already for each of the ballast zones/pump/valves, 12 volt wiring is pretty easy to run between your switches and the valves.  For venting, I used some simple check valves on the vent lines which helped when I was pumping out the bags - helped to create a bit of an air lock in the bags. Here's the link for my project: https://www.wakegarage.com/projects-archive/ballast-projects/ballast-solenoid-upgrade-distribution-r161/

For pumping out the water, you'd do two more similar 12 volt pumps like the one shown above.  I think for both you'd use those double throw switches.  Drilling vent lines and pump out holes above  the water line is pretty easy - just use masking tape to measure it all out and then drill your hole with a holesaw in reverse and take your time.  Fittings are easy to find.

If I was upgrading it all again without adding extra pumps, I'd look at up grading my main pump for something with higher volume and then increase the tubing size to the valves, 1" valves, and 1" tubes to each of the bags to help improve filing time.  You could like go larger than that depending on your through hull size.. 

Man, I love this idea. Question here, you had your main water inlet hose to that distribution center, you ran switches to every one of the brass “always on” fittings, when you wired them in did you also run a positive tO your impeller

pump / pumps? So it also turned that on? I have 2 1100s in the rear, and a 350 bow bag. I hate having to manually turn valves and drain some bags yadda yadda. I love this idea. 

I think I’m going to hop on this train, I have two jabsco pumps now. But wanting to run a distribution off those pumps so I can do it all with the flip of a switch.

Jralvarez21    0
On 12/1/2020 at 6:19 AM, Troy. R said:

Not sure if this will be helpful to any of you, but attached are schematics and Bill of Materials for the install I did on my '07 Avy years back. I also included some pics.

http://www.centurioncrew.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=13013

http://www.centurioncrew.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=12972

Also, I don't recall who asked, but earlier in the thread someone asked why Centurion used the Impeller pump to fill and aerator to drain instead of using impeller pumps to fill/drain each tank. This was a cost saving measure. They would use a single impeller pump with the sprinkler valve setup to fill, but that system doesn't allow for easy draining back through the sprinkler valve, so they used the aerator pumps to drain.

In newer boats Centurion/Supreme uses multiple impeller pumps (one per bag/tank) to fill/drain through the same thru-hull. For example, my ZS232 has 8 Ballast Puppies each on its own dedicated thru-hull.

Forum deleted them. Any chance you have photos of your build? 

Troy. R    186
19 hours ago, Jralvarez21 said:

Forum deleted them. Any chance you have photos of your build? 

I do. I’ll post later when I’m in front of a computer.