PharmD29

10" wet sounds vs. Cover Fire 2.0 vs. Warrior

PharmD29    0

On the new models any suggestions here? I will say cover fire looks far better than the basic wet sounds 10" speakers but warrior seems overpriced so just curious on thoughts.

PharmD29    0

Additionally, a sales guy told me they thought multiple wet sounds would be better than coverfire 2.0. Thoughts?

PharmD29    0

I got to listen to both today, got lucky there was one with both there. The wet sounds definitely sounds better for sure, less static and more clear at high volume. Did not get to listen to warrior.

Wylie_Tunes    146

Static would not a speaker issue, but simply what the speaker is reproducing. 

The Wet Sounds Warrior tower system is basically 2 pair of Rev-10 HLCD for the rider. For the passengers, there is a downfiring 8" coaxial in each tower pod. 

The Roswell Coverfire looks to be two rear firing R1 8" coaxials, with one angled down a little toward the cabin, then a R1 6.5" coaxial firing forward, p/pod. 

From a riders perspective; Surface area alone, the Warrior tower system is going to be the louder of the two systems, as well as likely produce more mid-bass.  Now, a coaxial can be more pleasing close up, in terms of sound quality, to some, then an HLCD. But the larger mid-bass driver of a Rev-10 does really well to add balance, IMO.  

For passengers, I do not see the forward firing 6.5 in the cover fire being very effective. The 8" in the Warrior is going to contribute quite a lot to the captain and copilot/observer seating, bow seating and those directly under the pods. 

Dreamer    96

Are the Wetsound Icon8 speakers relevant anymore? With have four on our Enzo tower and the sound for the people in the boat is outstanding. Would these new 10” HCLD speakers blow their eardrums out?

Wylie_Tunes    146

Sure, theres always a place for a coaxial. Perfect for surf and party cove listening. An HLCD certainly has the potential to be louder then a coaxial. I dont believe the drivers in the Warrior pods are new. They should be the same Rev-10 sold on the consumer level, just in a custom OEM pod for Centurion. The 8" down fire coaxial is likely the Revo-8 in-boat.  

PharmD29    0
8 hours ago, Wylie_Tunes said:

The Wet Sounds Warrior tower system is basically 2 pair of Rev-10 HLCD for the rider. For the passengers, there is a downfiring 8" coaxial in each tower pod. 

The Roswell Coverfire looks to be two rear firing R1 8" coaxials, with one angled down a little toward the cabin, then a R1 6.5" coaxial firing forward, p/pod. 

From a riders perspective; Surface area alone, the Warrior tower system is going to be the louder of the two systems, as well as likely produce more mid-bass.  Now, a coaxial can be more pleasing close up, in terms of sound quality, to some, then an HLCD. But the larger mid-bass driver of a Rev-10 does really well to add balance, IMO.  

For passengers, I do not see the forward firing 6.5 in the cover fire being very effective. The 8" in the Warrior is going to contribute quite a lot to the captain and copilot/observer seating, bow seating and those directly under the pods. 

Yeah static was a bad choice of words. As much as I love clean music I don't have the vernacular but it just sounded significantly less clear and definitely wasn't as punchy. Good to know on warrior setup, for the money it is insanity in my opinion but the boxes do look awesome.

Dreamer    96
On 10/9/2020 at 4:56 PM, Wylie_Tunes said:

Sure, theres always a place for a coaxial. Perfect for surf and party cove listening. An HLCD certainly has the potential to be louder then a coaxial. I dont believe the drivers in the Warrior pods are new. They should be the same Rev-10 sold on the consumer level, just in a custom OEM pod for Centurion. The 8" down fire coaxial is likely the Revo-8 in-boat.  

How would the JL Audio 8.8 tower speakers compare to the Icon8? Does the larger case of the JL give it a better sound?

Dreamer    96
On 10/9/2020 at 10:44 AM, Wylie_Tunes said:

So would four Icon8 or JL Audio 8.8 tower speakers get more sound to the surfer?

Wylie_Tunes    146

@Dreamer

Yes, pod displacement does impact mid-bass. So the larger pod of the 8.8 will make a noticeable difference in a static environment. However, as the distance from the pod increases and there are more sounds to compete with, this difference may diminish a little. 

Four 8" Icon or 8.8 would equivalent to the four 8" R1 in the coverfire in terms of service area and power handling. The advantage could be having the ability to space the 4 pods, aiming of the pods, and choosing your own amp power v's the factory amp option.   

Dreamer    96
6 hours ago, Wylie_Tunes said:

@Dreamer

Yes, pod displacement does impact mid-bass. So the larger pod of the 8.8 will make a noticeable difference in a static environment. However, as the distance from the pod increases and there are more sounds to compete with, this difference may diminish a little. 

Four 8" Icon or 8.8 would equivalent to the four 8" R1 in the coverfire in terms of service area and power handling. The advantage could be having the ability to space the 4 pods, aiming of the pods, and choosing your own amp power v's the factory amp option.   

Thanks for the info. Are there brackets on the market to fit the JL 8.8 speakers on a dropzone tower?