PharmD29

RI245 out the door price

PharmD29    0

Hey guys, just priced out a Supra SE and with stern thrusters ($8500 option) and every single option ticked except a tri axle trailer (going dual) and pre-tax price is about $142k ($182k MSRP). 

I have had a hell of a time trying to get the local Centurion dealer or Centurion themselves to get back to me timely or answer my questions, which is a little discerning. However, I am trying to figure out what the out the door price is on one of these in comparison to the deal I am getting on the Supra. I demoed the Supra already and it was pretty badass. Felt premium, a ton of tech, great sound system, and had a great surf wave. I am not a pro, just want to go out and have fun so one wave being a little better than the other won't change my decision. 

I am also interested in the answer to this question. I had been pretty set on the 2021 G23 (just sold my 2020) but the Ri245 has thrown a monkey wrench into my plans for the time being. I prefer to stick with PCM engines, so that eliminated the Supra, which I had initially considered. I surfed an SE550, which had a great wave but required 1000lbs of lead to make it anywhere in sniffing distance of the 2021 G23 or Mastercraft Xstar/X24. I love that you don't have to add any additional weight to the Centurions and they have come a long way on their fit and finish. The Ri245 looks like a game changer for them. Just have to make sure to empty the Ramfill if your going to be stopped for any period of time to avoid the hydrolocking hazard. That being said, it only takes 90 seconds to fill up, which really is a small price to pay, versus keeping all that lead on your boat. 

Troy. R    198

You'll probably have to go to a dealer. The RI 245 and 265 are so new I doubt anyone has any really info on the pricing of these boats outside of dealers.

I received my quote yesterday. Fairly competitive price but not enough to overcome the price of my incoming 2021 G23.  I have a great relationship with my Nautique dealer and he's giving me a pretty stellar deal, so the price of the Ri245 was going to have to be considerably better to make up the difference and at this juncture it wasn't enough. The new G23 hull design, in conjunction with the changes made to the NSS have made it arguably the best wave I've surfed, so I can't be too disappointed. Either way best of luck and enjoy whatever goat you choose. 

PharmD29    0

Just got the quote back from Cent and it was extremely disappointing, came in at about 20k over and with standard sound system to boot and no thrusters. I can't understand how it is that far apart, Supra sells 5-10x the number of boats and still felt just a touch better minus the pcm engine, the hull's ability to take chop, and the wave being better. I know the latter a lot of people will gravitate to but I am not a pro surfer and myself and kids never will be so it doesn't warrant that difference with what I am losing in the other areas, including my wallet.

PharmD29    0

Cent quote has gotten closer and now making the decision tough. 

What do you guys think of resale values on Supra vs. Cent? That will be my last decision maker here and I don't have enough experience on whether an SE or an Ri245 would resell similarly or one over the other.

volzalum    280

They both should hold their value comparably. The newer Centurions have been holding their price very well compared to new out the door prices. It is probably a draw between the 2 on this front.

BoardCo    110

There are a few things to hit on here that I may be able to help out with.

As far as the price goes - you will need to talk to your local dealer as this can change based on how they equip the boats and there is a BIG range depending on how they are optioned out.

Supra sells less boats overall than Centurion, just FYI. With Moomba they sell slightly more than Centurion / Supreme combined but Moomba is the majority of the numbers. If you are talking locally sold numbers Supra may sell more than Centurion depending on your area.

Both the Supra SE and the Nautique G23 are nice boats and will have some advantages vs. a Ri245. The Ri245 is notably larger than a G23 (about the same size as a G25), so that is something to consider especially if you are comparing pricing. The one thing I can tell you on the boats is that the Ri245 throws A LOT better surf wave than either of these boats, or really any other boat out there period. The Ri245 and Ri265 are in a completely different class for surf wave than ANY other boat on the market, and that includes the Ri237/Ri257. This is not saying it has a better surf wave for pro riders - it has a better surf wave for ANY rider as long as they are able to drop the rope and carve around.

If your primary concern is the bells and whistles in the boat the Supra or Nautique are definitely nice picks. If the performance of the boat (surf wave, drivability, etc.) are your top priorities it isn't a close comparison. Thus far I haven't taken anyone out on the Ri245 or 265 and had them be anything but floored by the wave. If you haven't been on it, you haven't ever experienced anything like it - you just need to decide what is important for you.

PharmD29    0
9 hours ago, BoardCo said:

There are a few things to hit on here that I may be able to help out with.

As far as the price goes - you will need to talk to your local dealer as this can change based on how they equip the boats and there is a BIG range depending on how they are optioned out.

Supra sells less boats overall than Centurion, just FYI. With Moomba they sell slightly more than Centurion / Supreme combined but Moomba is the majority of the numbers. If you are talking locally sold numbers Supra may sell more than Centurion depending on your area.

Both the Supra SE and the Nautique G23 are nice boats and will have some advantages vs. a Ri245. The Ri245 is notably larger than a G23 (about the same size as a G25), so that is something to consider especially if you are comparing pricing. The one thing I can tell you on the boats is that the Ri245 throws A LOT better surf wave than either of these boats, or really any other boat out there period. The Ri245 and Ri265 are in a completely different class for surf wave than ANY other boat on the market, and that includes the Ri237/Ri257. This is not saying it has a better surf wave for pro riders - it has a better surf wave for ANY rider as long as they are able to drop the rope and carve around.

If your primary concern is the bells and whistles in the boat the Supra or Nautique are definitely nice picks. If the performance of the boat (surf wave, drivability, etc.) are your top priorities it isn't a close comparison. Thus far I haven't taken anyone out on the Ri245 or 265 and had them be anything but floored by the wave. If you haven't been on it, you haven't ever experienced anything like it - you just need to decide what is important for you.

These are great points for sure. Wave is important but I would say as long as it is "fun" I am not so inclined to say I need the biggest wave. I like the sound of the PCM better than the Raptor, it seemed like the Centurion took chop a little better, and the fuel economy is really big to me given the size of the lake I am on, takes forever to get where you're going as is, once you find a spot and start surfing I can't make it back to a dock as frequently as on a smaller lake.

I will say after going back and forth between the two boats, the 245 is closer in fit and finish than I thought. The material around the screens in the Supra actually looked a little cheap to the hex up there, the screens on both were very different but both cool, captain's chair on Supra (for 21) definitely wins, vinyl is worlds different as far as comfort on the Supra, the cent feels rougher and very hard but maybe this gets better, unsure. Tower on Supra and foldability of both bimini and tower itself better on Supra, lighting package light years better on Supra, no idea why Cent missed so badly on lighting only having one color. 

I am leaning Cent at this point due to gas and its ability in chop. What I am struggling with mightily is the horrible color schemes and creativity in the paint schemes with Cent, they are pretty outdated compared to the Nautiques and others. I have narrowed it down to either all stone gray, all black MF, or all white at this point but I can't even find a stone gray Centurion online which baffles me so it is making the decision more difficult. 

Dreamer    96

Since we are discussing the 245 I have a question about the engine of choice. We’re at sea level and only wakesurf so is the 450 enough or is it worth it to get the H6 engine? Also, how efficient is the 6.2L H6 compared to the 6.0L 450?

Troy. R    198
9 hours ago, Dreamer said:

Since we are discussing the 245 I have a question about the engine of choice. We’re at sea level and only wakesurf so is the 450 enough or is it worth it to get the H6 engine? Also, how efficient is the 6.2L H6 compared to the 6.0L 450?

I would think the 450 would be adequate. We have a 450 in our ZS232 and haven't had any issue with as many as 14 people in the boat fully surf loaded at as high as 2100' elevation. That said, the RI245 is 1300 lbs heavier than the ZS fully surf loaded. The ZS dry is 5450 + 4600 in ballast for a total of 10,050. whereas the RI245 is 5700 dry + 5650 in ballast for a total of 11,350.

Dreamer    96

Maybe the H6 6.2L plus a 16x15 prop will be more efficient then a 6L 450 with a 16x13. Im thinking with the additional low end torque you wouldn’t need to rev the engine as high.

Troy. R    198

Out of curiosity, what is the difference between the 6.0L HO 450 and the H6?

Edited by Troy. R

Dreamer    96
32 minutes ago, Troy. R said:

Out of curiosity, what is the difference between the 6.0L HO 450 and the H6?

On the PCM website it says it’s basically the next generation of their marine engine. Up from 6.0L to 6.2L and from 450 ft-lbs of torque to 465. It’s also a direct injected engine which improves efficiency.

Edited by Dreamer

Troy. R    198
27 minutes ago, Dreamer said:

On the PCM website it says it’s basically the next generation of their marine engine. Up from 6.0L to 6.2L and from 450 ft-lbs of torque to 465. It’s also a direct injected engine which improves efficiency.

Thanks Dreamer.
I started looking into it myself after asking the question. That's about what I came up with as well.
Are you ordering an Ri245 for sure or just kicking around the idea?
My son and I crawled through a 245 and 265 at the local dealer in Mesa, AZ. Both are spectacular boats! I told my son, "We're going to have to put the ZS for sale and I'm going to have to start working some overtime! haha!"

Dreamer    96
9 hours ago, Troy. R said:

Thanks Dreamer.
I started looking into it myself after asking the question. That's about what I came up with as well.
Are you ordering an Ri245 for sure or just kicking around the idea?
My son and I crawled through a 245 and 265 at the local dealer in Mesa, AZ. Both are spectacular boats! I told my son, "We're going to have to put the ZS for sale and I'm going to have to start working some overtime! haha!"

I want to crawl through one then do a demo wakesurf before I decide. Supposedly the first one will arrive in British Columbia, Canada in a week or two.

I looked up some torque graphs and the 6.0 has around 370 ft-lbs at 3000rpm and the 6.2 is over 400@3000rpm. I’d upgrade if I purchase one.

Troy. R    198

Nice. You’ll be impressed when you see it. Keep us posted.

Thanks for the additional torque info.

Dreamer    96

I have a garage question for the Ri245. The website has it over 30’ long with the trailer tongue folded. My SV244 Enzo measures about 27’-6” with the tongue folded. How is it that that the same size boat is 2’-6” longer? I could see the platform adding 6-8”.

Dreamer    96
39 minutes ago, Dreamer said:

I have a garage question for the Ri245. The website has it over 30’ long with the trailer tongue folded. My SV244 Enzo measures about 27’-6” with the tongue folded. How is it that that the same size boat is 2’-6” longer? I could see the platform adding 6-8”.

Wait, sorry I read the wrong dimensions, it’s 28’7” no platform tongue swung.

Dreamer    96
On 10/16/2020 at 6:07 AM, Troy. R said:

Nice. You’ll be impressed when you see it. Keep us posted.

Thanks for the additional torque info.

TroyR, I have ordered an Ri245 site unseen. March build date. The dealer made me an offer I couldn't refuse. :)

Oh, and I got the ZZ6 engine as well.

Edited by Dreamer
  • Like 1