melkirin

Ordering the new RI245

melkirin    0

Hey-yo! Scoured the forums and couldn't find these answers. If answered previously, apologies and please link!

Looking at ordering a new RI245, but first time boat buyer here. Would love some feedback and thoughts on the process. That way I don't feel unprepared going in to buy a big boy boat.

1. I have been told that for ordering a new custom boat for an April '21 delivery, now is the best time pricing wise because they can fill their winter manufacturing schedule. True?
  2. How accurate is JD Power NADA Guides? From what I can tell it is similar to TrueCar, and I should be able to expect 20% of MSRP (RI237 123k -> 98 and RI257 147k -> 117k)
  3. Because the RI245 is new to this year, does that throw a curveball?
  4. I have heard COVID is causing lots of demand in boating, any idea how much that will impact price?
  5. How much should I expect to pay for upgraded audio?
  6. Any other tips you would give me?

Thank you thank you!

Troy. R    198

Hey @melkirin

Congrats on the impending purchase.
I can't answer all of the questions, but I can provide some feedback.

1. I am not sure, but it would stand to reason depending on demand. Since demand is high, the price reduction you might otherwise see ordering in the fall/winter could be minimized.
2. This is kind of dealer specific. For example, my local dealer would only go about 13-14% off of MSRP likely due to the high demand.
3. Same as answer to 2 above.
4. The demand is CRAZY! This of course gives dealers a little leverage in a negotiation knowing they can just sell to the next guy walking through the door...
5. From what I understand, they have some really cool Wetsounds options on the RI245/265. I would lean toward a factory stereo upgrade personally. The dealer will be able to show you those options/pricing.
6. That boat looks like an absolute BEAST! Best of luck and keep us posted.

volzalum    280

I will also add that for a barebones 237/257 (i.e., no additional options) you will probably be 10K higher than either price you posted. Then for the options, you will not get much additional discount so they will add directly to the costs. Right now, there is more demand than boats available, both used and new. To get a 237 for less than 100K, you would probably have to drop back to a 2018, and then you may not find one. for a 257, I don't think you can find a used one for the price you listed.