Sign in to follow this  
Mike88

Dropzone vs Maximus tower

Mike88    0

What’s your opinion about the 2 towers?

wich one you prefer ?

pros and cons on both? 

like the style of both, is the bimini the same? 

May prefer the speakers on the Maximus but maybe The 2zone speakers can be put on the dropzone too? 

anybody ever put the Triton strapless board rack by Roswell?

thanks a lot !

Troy. R    198

For me, it would come down to cost on the tower. They’re both good looking and very strong.
Bombshell board racks From Roswell are a factory option. They’re the same at the Triton, but with a more traditional board angle instead of the boards being vertical.

kohersh    2

I rode on boats with both before buying the boat with the drop zone, my boat was used and it added to the cost, but I figure it will add to resale also eventually since it is the hot-new-new.

Interestingly, the sales guy preferred the Maximus for its looks, but he said the drop zone was 'growing on him'. I preferred the drop zone immediately for its more chunky angular appearance. I think it matches my Ri better.

I heard both speakers systems at surf volume,  I don't know- it was all the same to me. I would say that if I were building the boat with my hands I would not choose to position the sub under/as the driver's footrest though, thas my main gripe.

Regarding the bimini, I heard from others and read here that Centurions included bimini is a pain to setup, (does it really take 15 minutes???lol) my boat has the sewlong bimini. The whole family appreciates the generous shade it throws and setting it up is about 1 minute. So you may want to consider that as a worthwhile additional expense when you decide on the tower.