Jpike    0

Hey guys new to the wake boat scene , but recently purchased a 2005 avalanche c4 . I recently changed the raw water pump impeller and back flushed all the hoses . Boat is still running hot like its not pumping any water unless I get up to about 1200 rpms . 

jtryon    24

when you pulled the housing apart to install the new impeller, were there round scoring marks on the water intake side where the old impeller was rotating?  I would bet $100 that's the issue.  i had that problem a month ago when i replaced my impeller--old one was still working, i did it as maintenance.  turns out they went to a newer design on the pumps where you get a stainless plate that fits over that intake half that gets scored up over time.  the scoring causes the pump not to prime, hence the lack of cooling at idle.  when you bump up the rpms it pulls enough water through to cool.  i'll attach a pic of my old pump for reference.

i priced out whole pumps, half pumps, etc etc and this guy was way cheaper than anyone else.  he shipped a newer-style intake half of the pump with the stainless plate and took my old one in return for a discount.  give him a call and he'll take care of ya.

Steve - C & S Marine Pumps Inc
850-380-1731

water pump.JPG

Jpike    0

Hey thanks for the advice I guess I'll tear it back down tonight when I get home and investigate a little . 

Troy. R    198

Jtryon is likely correct.

Another thing to check is for debris on the water intake side of the transmission (port side if I recall correctly). I found shredded parts of an old impeller and other debris in there on my old Avy when doing maintenance one time.

Jpike    0

Figured it out . It was the fake a lake , I unhooked the fake a lake and took the hose off the ball valve and stuck the garden hose directly into it and it never got over 160° . Ran for over hr with no issues . Lesson learned