PharmD29

Help picking my first Centurion :)

PharmD29    0

Hey guys, new to the forum but have been fond of Centurion for a bit. Have been looking at various models but don't know Centurion very well, the current boat I am looking at is the Ri257, I don't know how it compares to the others like the Fi and Vi but also looking at 23 and 25 LSV Malibu seriously. Supra, Mastercraft are on list too but they tend to be too pricey for what I feel you get so only looking at those in case a deal pops up. I would prefer a bigger 25' boat than the 23' boats and came across an Ri257 with 75 hours on it and the color scheme I like and it has the options below. I have two girls 10 and 7 and I would like to surf mostly myself (occasionally wakeboard) and teach them to surf.

I am trying to figure out if there is anything really important that is missing from the options list. I couldn't really tell because the Centurion website is sparse when it comes to choosing options in the builder and understanding them. 

https://ibb.co/4F1rmqm
https://ibb.co/QmvgC2j
https://ibb.co/PrdQk9n
https://ibb.co/XpJc1F6

Edited by PharmD29

Troy. R    198

First, the RI257 will our surf all of those other boats all day long.

Based on the build sheet specs you provided, that boat is loaded. Unless I missed something, it has every option. The trailer is pretty dialed too. The engine wasn’t upgraded, but unless you’re at super high elevation, I think the 450 with the upgraded hi altitude/surf prop will be fine.

For comparison, I have the 450 in my Supreme ZS232. It’s 5400lbs dry weight, plus 4600lbs of ballast, plus fuel, plus crew and I have had no problems at 4600 feet elevation with a crew of 10.

Edited by Troy. R
  • Like 1

PharmD29    0
16 hours ago, Troy. R said:

First, the RI257 will our surf all of those other boats all day long.

Based on the build sheet specs you provided, that boat is loaded. Unless I missed something, it has every option. The trailer is pretty dialed too. The engine wasn’t upgraded, but unless you’re at super high elevation, I think the 450 with the upgraded hi altitude/surf prop will be fine.

For comparison, I have the 450 in my Supreme ZS232. It’s 5400lbs dry weight, plus 4600lbs of ballast, plus fuel, plus crew and I have had no problems at 4600 feet elevation with a crew of 10.

Thanks for the reply! Good to hear about the options, I am in GA so no worry about high elevation and I would prefer a smaller motor for gas efficiency anyways so that is not a concern. 

What is the biggest difference between Centurion and Supreme and is it worth spending more on the former?

Troy. R    198

So, that is really kind of a personal preference/personal budget question.

You for sure get more bells and whistles with the Centurions, but you also pay for them. In terms of surf, from what I have heard/read, the ZS232 will produce a wave as good as the RI237. I have not surfed behind a RI237, but I can say the ZS232 wave is phenomenal once you get it dialed in. I was looking at all boats when I was shopping a few months back (Primarily Centurions and Supremes) and I did a personal comparison of the RI237, FI23, and ZS232. To me, the cost savings and the lines of the ZS outweighed the extras you get in the RI/FI.

That said, when I first started looking last fall, the local dealer had a ZS232 and a FI23 priced at about the same price point (within $2k) and I was leaning toward the FI23 in that circumstance.

kohersh    2

just put 2 tanks of fuel through a 'new to us' 20 Ri257. I can't believe how fuel-efficient it is. Coming from using a 20LSV- that thing was chugging fuel. 

• Like 1
  • Like 1