COV2

06 SV230 Swim Deck Hardware Question

COV2    8

Hoping someone can help me with what should be a simple problem to fix.  Last weekend we noticed the swim deck was loose.  The top bolt on the port side bracket had come loose.  We removed the swim platform and pulled the bolt out.  Looked in the rear locker and assumed we would find a missing nut that would need to be put back on.  No nut anywhere.  Went and got a nylock thinking that would be a simple fix.  Nope.  There is not enough room to get a nut on there.   The bolt coming through is right against the hull below the bolt with no room to fit a standard nut on there.  Is there a different type of nut or what holds this on?  Tried to look at the starboard side to see what is holding that on but cannot get to that due to wiring and a panel.  Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

COV2    8

So, I have called a few dealers and Centurion directly with no success.  Just called Boardco in SLC and the guy in parts was extremely helpful and knowledgeable.  He seems to recall that there was a sleeve that slid into the hole, possibly plastic, into which the bolt threaded.  He is trying to track it  down for me or find an alternative.  What great service.  If anyone has any thoughts on what that part might be it would be a huge help.

Thanks!

volzalum    280
COV2    8

Thanks volzalum.  Heli coil kit was the answer.  For anyone not sure of the size, it was a 3/8" coarse.

• Like 1

volzalum    280
5 hours ago, COV2 said:

Thanks volzalum.  Heli coil kit was the answer.  For anyone not sure of the size, it was a 3/8" coarse.

Glad it fixed your issue.