Robson83    2

I just bought this beauty for a restoration project, motor is toast but couldnt find a data plate on the block, I've heard the motor could be a 302 or a 351w......any ideas on the correct engine?

Timr71    30

That's a beauty for sure. Look on the stern / transom and grab the last 2 digits from the HIN #. That'll give you (us) the year. More than likely...almost positively, it's a 351. You can look here on NADA and see that all of the 1992 inboards have the same HP and they were all 351s. https://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/1992/Centurion-Boats  

I'm going to bump the Falcon Thread in this forum. You can ask questions in that thread of other owners with similar type boats as yours.  Welcome!  Post more pics!!!!  

Timr71    30

Sorry, I just noticed the 1990 model year tag. Definitely a 351.  probably the only powertrain available that year.  

1990 Ski Centurion.png

• Like 1

Timr71    30
11 hours ago, Robson83 said:

I just bought this beauty for a restoration project, motor is toast but couldnt find a data plate on the block, I've heard the motor could be a 302 or a 351w......any ideas on the correct engine?

Will you have to re-power, or just rebuild the engine?  My Falcon is a 1993, and it came with a Ford/Indmar 351...it too was toast. My cousin's 1996 Falcon donated it's low hour Mercruiser GM 350. So I now have a GM engine sitting where a Ford once was. It can be done pretty easily.  

How's the floor and stringers in your project boat?  

Robson83    2

Thank you guys for the info, its much appreciated!  I tried to upload a picture of the motor but the file is to big even after I cropped it.  A company I am emailing with looked at the pictures and said he thinks its a 302 lol.  I need to get back to the shop and get the casting number as well as measure the intake manifold bolt to bolt as they are obviously different.  I have not pulled up the floor yet but everything seems great but we will see when I start ripping Into it!

Robson83    2

Man you guys did such a great job on your boat wow.  I really want the same factory color scheme inside and out it look so sharpe!

• Like 1