Sign in to follow this  
Mikey Wetzel

Bimini top pooling rain

My 2017 Supreme Surf has the fancy wakeboard tower with a bimini top that really doesn't come off easily. You have to unbolt the front, chrome support rods and thread the bimini through it. It really does not appear to be designed to be taken off.

Unfortunately, whenever it rains (almost every day), it pools full of water BADLY and had seriously stretched out the bimini top now. I need to get a new top ($$$, I'm sure) but the new one will just stretch out the first week I own it.

I'm guessing EVERYONE with this boat has the same issue. What do you do? Did you rig an extra support in? Cut drain holes in the top? Remove the top every time?

boat.jpg

Troy. R    198

It’s pretty easy to break down, put into the storage boot, and stow it on the tower. I don’t live on a lake so I travel with the bimini stowed and open it when I get to the lake.

Do you stow yours when not in use?

No, I haven't found it easy to take on and off. The front part of my bimini is sleeved over a rod, as shown in my picture. That rod is bolted, so only comes off with a wrench. That's the part of the design I don't understand.

Troy. R    198

Oh, I see. They improved the design then. I also have an octo tower on my 2019, but the rod that is bolted on yours is pinned on mine. The side arms are also pinned on my at the pivot point making it easy to swing back toward the tower once broken down.