94lapoint    0

Hello all, I've been shopping for a ski boat for a while and have recently found a 1994 Lapoint that despite a rebuilt engine (Work completed attached) has overheating issues when under load. will idle forever without overheating.

Since its been through a shop getting work done I would assume (I know, assuming can make an tush of u and me) they'd already troubleshoot the impeller, thermostat, and piping. Other than maybe the thermostat housing being clogged, is the next thing to check down the list the risers and manifold?

Any advice on this would be great! 

TIA

received_190854675697111.jpg

Timr71    30

Just throwing things out there, most of which you probably already know:

1. Take the entire cooling system apart hose by hose and look for clogs, also check to make sure that none of the hoses are collapsing under load. 

2. Check the impeller, is it possible that the shaft is worn and there fore the impeller isn't spinning at higher RPMS? 

3. Take the thermostat out and run it without the thermostat, see what happens. Also, run it with a different temp thermostat and see what happens.  

After all of that, I'd dive into the risers and see if there's blockage there.  Good luck!  Great looking boat.