Gibber

Ballast tank busting into engine compartment

Gibber    1

Recurring issue here.  On my 2013 Enzo SV244, there are removable boards that keep the port/starboard stern ballast tanks from getting into the engine.  On the port side, my ballast tank keeps busting through the boards and ending up partly in the bilge.  The boards themselves touch the lower part of the engine which caused a failure last year.

Over the winter I tried adding brackets to help secure one part of the board to the other.  Didn't work.  Anyone have ideas on how to permanently solve this problem?  Thanks!

Troy    234

L brackets added to the boards.  Should be some posts on here about that.  I'll see if I can find them. 

volzalum    280

Here was the latest thread on it ... 

• Like 1

Gibber    1

Very interesting ideas and info on the previous thread.  I have all the hardware but am "jumping the track" with the divider.  Thinking the cotter pin idea might work.  Unless another idea looks better, I'll take a  look at how I could install that option.  Thanks y'all!

Jlagos    23

I have had the same problem and added the support brackets but I also noticed that the bags were positioned to close the the engine bay. Shift them away from the engine and that should help. 

Gibber    1

Tried that a few times but I'm thinking they're moving around when I'm tubing the kids.  Gotta give 'em a good ride!  Thanks though.

volzalum    280

You cannot tell from the pictures in the above thread, but the factory switched to a j-channel instead of a u-channel for the track. Mine is 3 inches tall on the engine side and ¾ inch on the locker side. The taller side prevents it from jumping out. If you made the shelf, that would keep force down on the dividers rather than just force inward.

Gibber    1

Now that would work!  I'll have to find out if Centurion would sell some to me.

volzalum    280

You can probably make the track yourself (or have a machine shop bend it out of stainless 304. As for the shelfs, you could buy a sheet of starboard and make them in 20 minutes. They do not have to be covered with carpet since they are really not visible. You would just need the holder for the shelf on the divider.