David head    4

24 or 27 or both

is the battery closest to the bow a deep cell or house battery 

and battery closest to stern the starting battery 

right now I have two 24. Starting batteries that are dead or close to it so I’m going to buy new batteries  And solar power trickle charger 

this boat has all sorts of electronics on it 

more then thought possible 

volzalum    280

From the factory, neither are deep cell. You can replace with the largest you can fit there.  Best to replace both if replacing one, and keep them matching. 

volzalum    280

You can replace with two deep cell if you are wanting longer radio play time without engine running. 

• Like 1

David head    4

Looks like there is a plug in 

on the front side of cooler

Id that a battery tender for shore power

volzalum    280

It is on mine. It was an option. I turn my battery switch to off and plug it in when home. It makes sure my batteries are topped off and ready each trip. Since I’m at 5 years on mine, it’s getting really close to time to add new ones for me too. I will go with Optima D31’s when I do. I had them in my last boat and they were exceptional. With the factory Roswell system on mine, I’ve never had the beach or tie up playtime I would like. 

Jlagos    23

Hey volzalum, are you going deep cycle on both or a starting 31 and a deep cycle 31. When you stated to "keep them matching" are you referring to deep cycle vs starting or lead acid/ gel? I have both types starting/cranking and deep cycle. 

volzalum    280

I will go both deep cycle. The CCA on the Optimas (And many other batteries) is more than capable of starting. Optima actually says you can use the deep cycle as both.