Jake707

Trailer Actuator Help

Jake707    171

So the brake actuator master cylinder on my 2000 centurion went out and is all rusted inside. Took it all apart only to find out Atwood no longer makes the master cylinder I need (atwood 85841) and there’s not replacement?!

read somewhere that the only option is to replace the actuator assembly, but on my trailer it’s all welded in, not bolted in like the videos I’ve found. 

is my only option really to cut the welds, brake this actuator off and then install a generic actuator? Nobody has had issues with their older trailers? I couldn’t find anything online of similar issues. 

Jake707    171

The Atwood unit I pulled out is actually angled along the top where all of these are flat. Not sure if I could build a type of wedge to angle them or not or if it matters. 

here’s a link for a pic since I can’t post them. This company doesn’t have it although it says available. 

https://bendtrailers.com/lippert-atwood-master-cylinder-85841/

volzalum    280

You could also convert it to electric over hydraulic brakes (that's what my trailer has). This would get you brakes only when pressing the brake pedal regardless of vehicle movement. It also gives brakes when backing down the ramp which surge does not. 

This would work for drum brakes: https://www.etrailer.com/Brake-Actuator/Hydrastar/HBA-10.html?feed=npn&gclid=CjwKCAjwltH3BRB6EiwAhj0IUBJYWfnSYTT9ZlMBmH1IPIRnSzbnABf10Yt94LL_hbJKxJUYMbMi0BoCimsQAvD_BwE

This is the model mine has in it from BoatMate for Disc Brakes: https://www.etrailer.com/Brake-Actuator/Titan/T4813100.html

Jake707    171

I spent a few hours taking the existing unit apart. It was rusted stiff. I broker out the wire wheel and wire brush and scrubbed most of the rust out and was able to break the piston free to finish disassembling it. Parts look pretty good once all the rust is knocked off. I think I’m going to try and re run it. I’ll have to make a gasket. Worth a try since every other options seems to be $600+ in conversions. 

Lisa    0

I want to give thanks to Dr Ogiso for bringing back my ex husband.No one could have ever made me believe that the letter I’m about to write would actually one day be written. I was the world’s biggest skeptic. I never believed in magic spells or anything like this, but I was told by a reliable source about Dr Mahlangu . My love life was in shambles; I had been through two divorces and was on the brink of a third. I just couldn’t face another divorce, and I wanted to try harder to make our relationship work, but my husband didn’t seem to care. and he broke up with me again . I was confused and did not know what to do again, rather i got in contact with Dr Ogiso.He did a love spell that made my husband come back to me. We are now very much happy with ourselves. Dr Ogiso makes him realize how much we love and need each other .This man is for REAL and for good . He can also help you to fix your broken relationship. I had my husband back! It was like a miracle! He suddenly wanted to go to marriage counselling, and we’re doing very, very well , in our love life . Contact :Dr Ogiso Call /text/whatsapp me on: +27786988200 Email; superiorspellhome@gmail.com

Lisa    0

I want to give thanks to Dr Ogiso for bringing back my ex husband.No one could have ever made me believe that the letter I’m about to write would actually one day be written. I was the world’s biggest skeptic. I never believed in magic spells or anything like this, but I was told by a reliable source about Dr Mahlangu . My love life was in shambles; I had been through two divorces and was on the brink of a third. I just couldn’t face another divorce, and I wanted to try harder to make our relationship work, but my husband didn’t seem to care. and he broke up with me again . I was confused and did not know what to do again, rather i got in contact with Dr Ogiso.He did a love spell that made my husband come back to me. We are now very much happy with ourselves. Dr Ogiso makes him realize how much we love and need each other .This man is for REAL and for good . He can also help you to fix your broken relationship. I had my husband back! It was like a miracle! He suddenly wanted to go to marriage counselling, and we’re doing very, very well , in our love life . Contact :Dr Ogiso Call /text/whatsapp me on: +27786988200 Email; superiorspellhome@gmail.com