Sammer    0

Hi Guys I have an older v drive, 2004 Cyclone with a 350 MAG MPI to be exact. Super annoying problem recently developed where every couple of minutes when the boat is running I will get 2 loud beeps. Doesn't seem to matter what rpm the boats at just that its running. All pressures and temperatures seem normal and the boat runs fine. The only thing I can currently see that is wrong it the V-drive light isn't coming on at all nut its my understanding that it is a pretty simple circuit that is normally closed to alert of low pressure in the v drive and goes out when there is sufficient pressure so if Ive got a problem there the open circuit would make it seem like there is pressure and the system is fine. Anyone know if this could be the cause of the beeping? otherwise other suggestions would be appreciated because the beeping is driving me crazy 

Jlagos    23

I doubt it's the vdrive pressure triggering the beeping. I don't recall the 2004 drives triggering alarms because of the pressure sensor. That's the purpose of the vdrive light. However your probably correct about a sensor being amiss 

Sammer    0

OK Guys update. I fixed the v-drive light and changed the raw water impeller. Still beep beeping at me. I dont have a perfect pass so its not that. My RPM guage is not working though. Could this be caused by a bad RPM sensor? anyone clue me in to where that is located?