COV2    8

Having challenges figuring out how to fix this one.  Should be simple enough but beyond what I can figure out.  Hauled my boat from Powell back to Grand Junction to have some work done on it (06 Enzo SV230).  When we got there we noticed that the prop is about a millimeter above the trailer metal below it to protect the prop.  Looks like the metal may have gotten bent upwards.  I have no idea how that would have happened.  Wondering how I can bend it back?  Anyone ever have this problem? 

Thanks for any ideas!

volzalum    280

You should be able to bend it. If not, unload the boat and take it to a welder and they probably can. If it were mine, I would unload the boat and then try pushing down on the bar (standing, jumping, beating with sledge, etc). If you scratch the paint, remember to touch it up to prevent rust.

Jlagos    23

Ya, that's going to be difficult to push back. If you haven't already unloaded the boat to try a reduce the bend, take note of the position of the blades. If you dont have one blade at 12 and 6 o'clock you wont have enough room potentially when you reload the boat.

COV2    8

Thanks for the replies.  It is a 12/6 but I think I am going to remove the prop for the 3.5 hour drive, put it back on and launch, then take it to someone at Bullfrog (Lake Powell) to try to bend it for me.  It is like a millimeter away from touching so I don't want any of the bouncing to cause damage to the prop.

volzalum    280

You should be able to rotate your prop to have the bar aligned between your blades and be safe for towing.