h20crazed

2014 Enzo SV244 - Prop & RPM Questions

h20crazed    0

I just sold my 2007 Avalanche that we loved.  The only reason we sold it is because our family outgrew it.  We purchased a 2014 Enzo SV244.  We took it out to the lake on Saturday and did some surfing.  It seemed like the RPM's were running really high.  While surfing with 9 people on the boat and the both port and starboard ramfills full, running at 11.2 mph it was running about 4,400 RPM.s.  The boat has the PCM ZR450 in it and has a 2079 prop currenlty.   Any idea what the RPM's should be?  We surfed for about 4 hours plus some travel time on the lake and burned through 72 gallons of fuel.   Do i need to look at a different prop and or should I take the boat in and have it looked at?  I also have the 1847 stock prop for it and was thinking of swapping them out and seeing if it made a difference. 

I am going to go out again on Saturday with a smaller crew and pay more attention to RMP's at WOT etc...  

Anyone that has the same boat.. let me know any tricks or what i need to be doing to dial in the surf wake as well.