Hokiebob

2014 SV233 rear locker panel

Hokiebob    0

I have a newbie question for you guys.  I just purchased a 2014 Enzo SV233 w/the PCM 409 engine--absolutely love it.  One thing I note is the rear locker/engine panels are a pain when lowering the engine hatch--basically they must be manually located left/right so the tabs fit on either side of the hatch--does this sound correct?  Sorry, I don't have pics, but when the rear hatch is up (both lockers and engine lid raised), the upper part of the locker panels is unsupported.  It seems like there should be a bar mounted front-to-back so it doesn't require two folks to lower the lid and ensure both sides are properly located??  Also, when filling the rear bags, the starboard side panels blew inboard and pulled the bottom stainless channel from the boat (pulled the screws out).  I'm guessing the rear panels need more support, ala some c-channel/angle/square tube screwed vertically to it?

volzalum    280

It sounds like you are missing some pieces. There should be a top rail and lower groove for the panels. The panels then have twist locks to lock against the upper crossmember. In late 2014 they also added stiffners to the panels so they do not bow when the pop sacs are filled. Post pictures with the engine hatch open. My guess is someone removed then to service the engine and did not put them back before you purchased the boat.

Edited by volzalum

Hokiebob    0

Thanks--that sounds right to me.  I've been trolling looking for engine pics of boats like mine but can't find any--does anyone have pics they can post?  I'll be back at the lake this weekend and can take pics of mine then to illustrate whats up.  That said, any clue where I could get some--I'm sure I can fabricate some but am curious how exactly they should connect front-back and where it locates relative to the lid.  Thanks Volzalum for the quick reply!

volzalum    280

If they were previously there, there will be two holes on the front and back (four holes total per side) in the gelcoat for each side crossmember (8 holes total). Each crossmember also has the plate for the engine cover twist lock to hold it down, with the front section being removable for ease of installation. If you still have the plates, then they just removed the cross members from the boat and separated at the plates. I will post a pic of mine (it is out right now for bilge pump work, and finishing the engine alignment). I leave the plate in usually when removing them, so it is not pictured. it is a square tube with flat piece for the panels to connect to and the end at back of boat is curved. I also posted the reinforcement and the shelf brace.

IMG_0422.jpeg

IMG_0423.jpeg

IMG_0424.jpeg

IMG_0425.jpeg

Hokiebob    0

Thanks--so several questions

My engine cover doesn't have twist locks (it has the handle/clip for each bat-wing and one in the middle to lift the entire cover) so I'm a bit confused by "Each crossmember also has the plate for the engine cover twist lock to hold it down"?   The last picture shows a horizontal piece of angle iron--is that to hold a shelf to cover the gap between the hard tank and the removable locker sides--this would be handy as the bag can slip down in there and likely is what pushed my panel and pulled the screws from the lower retainer grooved metal.  Pictures of the top support installed will be helpful though--thanks a ton.  Back to the shelf, that might also be helpful to see--seems like someone took stuff off my boat and never put it back--the setups you describe make sense for sure.

Edited by Hokiebob

InfinitySurf    302

In above pic, the angle iron is what was added to the dividers to help strengthen it, its not for a shelf as the angle is vertical when divider is in place.

However what I do to fill in that shelf.... is I took an oversized pool noodle and cut down the length, that way the bag does not fall down into that hole as its filling. When I get a chance, I can take some pictures for you showing the noodle and how my dividers are supported. My 2014 actually had the factory supports installed but since I had a custom PnP bag made for my lockers and it adds pressure to the dividers, I added some aluminum tubing on the inside of the divider to remove all chance of flexing. Occasionally as my bag filled, it would push slightly "up" on my divider panels which caused them to jump the track..... so I also drilled 2 holes thru the divider panel and the bottom track and use a cotter pin so that cannot happen (The round pin goes into one side of the bottom track, then thru the divider and then back out the other side of the track, basically holds the divider panel down securely into the track making it impossible to jump the track). Very simple and very effective.

Having a hard time picturing what you mean about the back engine deck not having support. If you lift up the center piece.... it is all connected only by the 2 rear hinges but as long as I lift/lower it from the center piece (leaving both wings in the up position when I do it), I have no issues or have to manually support them? I can get pics of my setup there too if that helps. Post pics of what you mean.

FYI.... I use this link for re-sizing pictures. Easy to use and to post pics once resized, just keep the final size smaller than 100kb

https://resizeimage.net/

InfinitySurf    302
22 hours ago, Hokiebob said:

I have a newbie question for you guys.  I just purchased a 2014 Enzo SV233 w/the PCM 409 engine--absolutely love it.  One thing I note is the rear locker/engine panels are a pain when lowering the engine hatch--basically they must be manually located left/right so the tabs fit on either side of the hatch--does this sound correct?  Sorry, I don't have pics, but when the rear hatch is up (both lockers and engine lid raised), the upper part of the locker panels is unsupported.  It seems like there should be a bar mounted front-to-back so it doesn't require two folks to lower the lid and ensure both sides are properly located??  Also, when filling the rear bags, the starboard side panels blew inboard and pulled the bottom stainless channel from the boat (pulled the screws out).  I'm guessing the rear panels need more support, ala some c-channel/angle/square tube screwed vertically to it?

I just realized what you mean by a support bar missing and it taking 2 people to lower if the divider panels are installed. Mine also do not have a top support for the divider panels. I did find it odd at first that they use the transom walk-thru to support them but guess I have gotten used to it and figured out a way to lower the engine lid without help. My SV244 definately never had any top track system from the factory and since they feel quite secure locked into place against the center (with the 2 wing bolts holding down the top walk-thru), I had not put a lot of thought into it. Probably does not bother me as much since pretty much every time I bring the boat home after using it, I remove the PnP bags and the 2 smaller engine divider panels (since you can pop those in/out at will).... then I put a fan blowing into the engine bay/rear lockers to dry out any residual moisture. So its rare that I have to lift the engine access with the rear bags and everything else in place, it would be much harder to close the top with one person if you had the bags and other misc pushing in on the dividers.

Volz has an FS44, my guess is they are designed a bit differently and do have a top track for the dividers.

Does anyone here with an SV233/244 have a top support bar for the divider panels that was factory installed? Would be interesting to see how it could be done since the way the dividers are designed, I could not add a top support bar without modifying the dividers.

Hokiebob    0

Thanks for the info--you mention two wing bolts/nuts holding down the walkthrough--I don't have that but do have two aluminum angle brackets (one on each side) with a ~1/2" hole at the left and right front corners of the walkthrough cavity, but nothing is or apparently goes through it--I figured it had something to do w/the initial shipment of the boat--all I have is the latch for each wing and the center latch for the walkover.  The holes laterally through the lower track and the panels makes some sense to me so they don't pop out--added with the vertical stiffeners they should remain in place.  In the bottom picture above, it appears to be a horizontal piece of angle on the opposite side of the stiffeners, presumably to support a shelf that covers the noodle gap??  An upper bracket holding the panels would sure be nice--makes no sense to have to hold your mouth just right to get the walkover down.

volzalum    280

Yes, there are two vertical stiffness on the inside of the divider (engine side) and there is one horizontal shelf holder on the locker side. There are two pieces of carpet covered starboard that go over the RamFill (hard tank) that cover the gap that is between the tank and divider. I will post pictures when I get mine back together.

volzalum    280

Here are the bars installed. Also see the panels and shelf. I put 100 pounds of lead on the back ledge on each side and 3 life jackets per side under the shelf. Also, I find gapping they shelf gives the best bag fill. 

3E269C0D-D8FA-4F08-8525-4CBF6AEF8F22.jpeg

978F5EAA-4773-4350-A813-13B2C0AADC68.jpeg

C265343C-1816-469A-8F65-A4FDAC5B456A.jpeg

DDAA5D8A-0CC0-43AC-8B0D-702D03134EBD.jpeg

BF68C1A5-6D5A-4720-8962-96CA04CE3A7D.jpeg

DD9BB8C5-F413-443E-BEC7-51C924E19FCD.jpeg