Dski1    0

I’m brand new to the Centurion crew as I’ve never owned a Centurion boat before. I just pulled the trigger on a 2005 Tornado. I really like to ski but also like to surf sometimes too.  I realize I’m going back a few model years but wondering if anyone can tell me what the surf wake could be like behind a Tornado. How much extra weight would be required?  Is it even feasible?  I realize it’s more of a DD ski boat but I’m hoping it can cross over and give a beginner to intermediate surf wake. 

Thanks!

Jlagos    23

I am not familiar with that model but by looking at pictures it appears to be have a center mounted engine. Just from reading other threads with similar configuaration, I would not anticipate the surf wave to be spectacular and you will need to throw a very large bag on the back seat. It would need to be filled by throwing a pump with hose over the side. Search the threads on here. There are people who surf with direct drives. 

TRaymond    0

Did you ever figure this out? I also have a tornado two years older but same same. 

Troy. R    198

You can surf behind direct drives, but like Jlagos said, the wave will not be great. You will want to put as much weight as you can in the surf side rear corner. I’d say an 1100# fat sac would be a good start. You can use a Tsunami pump which plugs into a DC outlet (cigarette lighter) to fill/drain.