RSB3

New 2008 Enzo SV230 Owner

RSB3    6

Just bought a new used 2008 Enzo SV230 a few months back.  Drove from Idaho to Montana in the snow to get it.   Any suggestions on upgrades? It has most of the bells and whistles, hopefully taking it to the lake next week. Had a few issues, replaced 50 amp breaker at engine, waiting on a new starter, soleniod was bad, replaced stereo and wired remote.  Knock on wood that is the last of it.  Having boat numbers made now to somewhat match the boat font and should get those Monday.

ENZO_SV230.jpg

• Like 1

Jlagos    23

Welcome, most people eventually change the ballast system in order to weigh the boat sufficiently to create a bigger wave. A wake shaper will quickly facilitate creating the wave you need. There are many threads on this site so you'll have a good amount to read

Troy    234

Welcome! 

tons of threads on here on how to mod the 230 it will throw a beautiful listed wave. Some use the suck gates. If you need/want to swap sides a lot then look into infinity surf tabs.  For me, I'd just upgrade the ballast, (add an a-plate if you want a good goofy wave), list it and surf it. 

• Like 1

RSB3    6

Thanks for the welcome!  It has 4 factory ballast tanks and a switchblade system on the back and perfect pass.  Anxious to see how well it will work.

It also came will 2 individual fat sacks that they placed in the 2 rear wells to add additional weight.  Hopefully I am set for weight.  I am about 190 but my boys are 7 and 9, they are light enough to enjoy the wave I'm sure.  I am new to owning a surf boat, so we will see how it goes.  Thanks again. 

• Like 1

volzalum    280

I would rip the tanks out and fill the areas with sacs and possible some well placed lead bags. You will get a lot more weight than the tanks, and then you also get more storage for times the ballast is not full. Note that you will want the rub rail on the surf side at the water line when surfing. The tanks will not accomplish that.

• Like 1

RSB3    6

Thanks for the tip.  I will have to become familiar with what I have and upgrade as I go.  I am picking up the reg. numbers today and they look good. Match pretty close to the boat font.  

ID1515.jpg

Edited by RSB3
  • Like 1

559Guero    3

Congrats on the new purchase.  I have an 05 SV230 with an Enzo sack on the port side and a hard tank under the starboard passenger seat with a fat sack in the starboard rear locker.  My son was able to surf the port side with no ballast until he got over 125lbs.  Adding ballast made the wave too big for him and other smaller beginners.  The beauty of the sack is that once deflated I can store multiple wakeboards in there.

bomoseen avy    45

carbon fiber vents, especially if listing. Some have gotten rid of sideswipe secondary to noise and taking up locker room. Do not have switchblade so can't advise there. Love your color scheme

• Like 1

RSB3    6

Not sure what you mean by carbon fiber vents.  The previous owner stated he changed out the muffler to the sideswipes to reduce noise because it was too loud.  We will see, I may get out on the lake this weekend to start figuring out everything.  Been weird weather lately here, rain, hail, thunder, lightning, 90's back to 40-50's, we will see what we get this weekend.  Hope it floats! :-)  Starter came and have the numbers to put on the hull so i will install and hopefully I am good to go.  :-)

InfinitySurf    302

Beautiful boat, congrats!

The 2) rear chrome vents that you currently have on each side of your lockers is where he is talking about upgrading to the Carbon Fiber Vents. The flat chrome ones tend to let a bunch of water into the bilge if listing.... the Carbon Fiber vents are designed so most of the water deflects. Only down side is I believe they cost roughly $500

Here is a picture of mine before I re-finished them5ee0306b14983_Webp.net-resizeimage(12).jpg.05b4382a12df4594266c510892c9741e.jpg

I actually re-finished mine last year (I think Spring of 2019?) since over time the UV starts fading the carbon fiber. I basically did a wetsand process, then used the same compound (polish) that I use on my gelcoat....then a few coats of quality automotive clear coat allowing it to dry overnight each time (to keep the shine and prevent UV breakdown for a while), followed by a final light wetsand using 2000 grit and finally the same polymer wax that I use on my boat (and everything else).

Products used 5ee030b3794c1_Productsusedtorefinish.jpg.481f98db3c4fc466671d013dc5713269.jpg

The finished product! 5ee030aced49c_Finalpics3.jpg.00db56f1bd2f9ab99a859eb341c4d01e.jpg

They still have that awesome, wet look shine to them. Better than brand new

Edited by InfinitySurf

RSB3    6

Looks great!  Makes sense and I will add to the list of upgrades.  

Yesterday we finally had a nice day in Northern Idaho and got the boat out for its maiden voyage.  A few issues popped up, battery voltage kept falling thru the day prompting us to leave earlier due to not wanting to be stranded on the lake (didn't even use the stereo with 2 amps), went from 14 down to almost 11 per the gauge.  I need to check the alternator and also the wiring for the batteries.  I see a switch to the batteries is probably a must add to keep them separate.   Second the V-Drive light was always on, once it beeped at me but then it went away, checked the oil prior to going out and it was clean and the proper level.  Reading on the forums is that the sensor may be bad, need to check/replace.  The ballast tanks seem to work fine and the switchblade really worked and created a big wave. Docking was kind of a pain with it, I will definitely need to get used to it.  Backing up you can go either way depending on which way the blade tends to go on its swivel.  Looked like a rookie trying to get to the dock but finally got there and got her out of the water in one piece.   Got the boys on a tube and they had a blast, water temp is still a bit cool.  I know a wake boat pulling a tube...  :-)  Didn't play around with the perfect pass yet but used it as my speedometer as the speedometer gauge was not working.   Next time out the wife will need to learn to drive so i can try the wave!  along with the the boys.  Any recommendations on kid boards?  I see the Liquid Force Gromi might be a good choice and some have straps, thinking no straps for the kids and they can learn without them.  Anyway, back on the water for the 4th weekend with all issues resolved I hope.

Troy    234

Kids board, Phase 5 Scamp.  Very stable, easy to learn and ride.

• Like 1

RSB3    6

Thanks! Ordered the boys one of those boards today!  I checked the alternator and no reading at the post, ordered a new one today also.  Hoping to have the boat on the lake for the July 4th weekend.  I will keep an eye on the V Drive but I will order a new switch most likely soon so the red light is not staring me in the face all day :-)

RSB3    6

Been on Pend Oreille for the last 2 days and was docking up late yesterday and heard a bump, looked back and my swim platform was drifting away from the boat!  I guess I was lucky it didn't happen on the lake.  I see in the forum that this was an issue as the brackets are aluminum.  I can't find the stainless replacements anywhere, does anyone have a link or suggestion on replacement?  Also read that raising the platform an inch would help.  Thanks and Happy 4th!

Troy. R    198

If you have a local Centurion or Supreme dealer they should be able to order the new brackets for you. Years back you used to be able to order direct from the Factory in Merced, CA, but they are much more corporate since Correct Craft became the majority owner a few years back.

Years ago I used to live about 30 min from the factory. I ordered a bimini for my old Avalanche and they gave me a factory tour when I picked it up. It was pretty cool.

RSB3    6

Thanks, I will check south of me as there are no dealers in Sandpoint.  Are they stainless steel or aluminum again?  Saw a Pavati on the lake today, nice boat!  Crazy how spendy they are.  Got my wife to drive today and surfed a bit, fun but need to work on the wave.

Troy. R    198

That boat will throw a monster wave. You just need to weight it properly. Like others have said, you’re going to want to replace your factory tanks with sacs. In my old Avalanche (similar hull) I used to run 1100’s in the rear lockers and a 580 under the port side seat. If you’re goofy, or have goofy riders out with you on a regular basis, you’ll also want to add the biggest sac you can fit under the starboard seat. You could also run custom Enzo sacs if you didn’t want separate sacs for the lockers and under seats.

Troy. R    198

RSB,
Here is a link to the custom ballast install thread I did on my Avalanche. If you search, there are many more very good threads on custom ballast options.

RSB3    6

Thanks for info!  Planning on upgrading the rears for sure.  The previous owner gave a couple 600s to go above the factories but would be nicer to buy the ones that fill the whole locker.  Will get out today again for a long weekend and hopefully the boys get up on the Scamp that was recommended.  Nice little board.   On the new brackets for the swim platform are they now stainless? 

Thanks again, Bob

Troy. R    198

I'm not sure on the brackets. You'll have to contact a dealer on that one.