I dinged up my prop this weekend and need to replace it.   I have an 04 centurion cyclone with about 2800lbs of ballast.  Acme and other sites recommend 525.  However, I just looked, and have been running 911.  Would there be an issue with going down to 525 or should I stay at 911; or split the difference with 1231.

Any input would be appreciated. 

Bigcatpt    408

The 911 is the most aggressive you can go.  It is the best choice if you have big crews or lots of ballast. Going to the 525 will give you less hole shot but keep your RPMs down a little bit.  

On my Avy I could not get up to surf speed with the 525 with full ballast (approx 2200#).  The 911 did the trick. 

If the 911 was working, with good hole shot and not too high of RPM I would not even consider switching.   

Bigcatpt    408

You can also have your old prop fixed if it is not too bad and then keep it as a spare.  Nettles prop has done some great work for me before on a dinged prop and they have great prices on new props.  Give JT a call and he will treat you right.

rhino89523    34

I have not used the online prop guys for repair but do have a good relationship with a local prop guy...most cities have one. The can fix them up for about 25% cost of a new one usually, they can repitch usually a degree or so and they can usually tweak the cup as well. My guy will let me try different props too and see what I like the best. A lot of times the prop shops will have used ones as well. 

jtryon    24

definitely use nettles for your prop repair, they are the best!  i'd stick with the 911.