Sign in to follow this  
Scooper

Water Testing a Boat, what to look for?!

Scooper    1

Hey dudes! After searching we decided on a boat! Here is the link!

https://www.transitionwatersports.com/default.asp?page=xPreOwnedInventoryDetail&id=7846324&p=1&s=Year&d=D&t=preowned&fr=xPreOwnedInventory

So we are water testing it this Saturday, I figure were going to make sure every single button and feature works, but what else? This is our first wake/surf boat? If anything doesn't function the dealership will fix it for us. 

Cant wait!

Troy    234

Was it a salt water boat or fresh water?

Check fluid levels, colors, smells.

Ease of steering (stiff, might need a new steering cable)

Perfect pass/ Cruise control operation.

Throttle operation.

Surf wave. And test it, just because a wave looks nice, does not mean it surfs good. An Enzo 244, can and will throw down an awesome wave, this will just tell you how many mods are in your future, if it doesn't throw an awesome wave on your test. 

Have you owned an inboard boat before? If not, have the dealer show you the docking and trailering tricks and you practice. 

Beautiful boat! Hope all works out!

bomoseen avy    45

She’s a beauty. Great advice from Troy. I might want to confirm size of bags in rear locker. Also if Quick fill has drainmaster valves vs Valterra’s and when were they last replaced in case of drainmasters or when was the upgrade performed to Valterra

Scooper    1

Thanks for the replies!!

It was freshwater only. 

Okay awesome, all good info!

So this boat has the A plate, it has the 750 bags in the rear i believe, mid ship bags, and a bow bag all plummed in plus the quick fill tanks. 

We have never owned an inboard, we had an IO a few years ago and saved up for a few summers to finally upgrade!

OKay awesome i will ask about the Valterra valves, i have heard of that before. 

The dealership seems to have awesome reviews so i do trust those guys a ton!

Super stoked to find a RH drive for us goofy guys. 

rhino89523    34

I am a mechanical guy so for me its all about how everything functions and weather it was beat up or not. I really don't care that much about anything because I can fix it all but I use things I find wrong as talking/talk down points. 

Mechanically I would check the fluids in every hole, that's motor, tranny, and V drive. Motor oil should be super clean at this point in the year if it was serviced before winterizing. It should always be stored with fresh fluids as old fluids will become acidic and rust out internals. The tranny fluid should smell like new tranny fluid, burnt tranny is distinguishable, has sort of that big rig truck burning up his brakes on a steep downhill. The Drive should also have semi fresh looking fluid as it doesnt seem to get the same beating. Mine always comes out like I could have gone longer. All holes the fluid should not be water contaminated and you shouldn't see a metalic sheen on the dipstick. The tranny may have a little metalic sheen but not much. I also like to pull the oil cap on the motor while running, it gives you a quick assessment of blowby without doing the full compression check. I like to see a trend of maintenance that has been performed before shutting down for the season....Or I like to see a really low price tag.

Then I would do what you said and make sure everything works. 

bomoseen avy    45

your gonna want 1000# bags in the rear lockers. Doesn't hurt to ask...

InfinitySurf    302

My 2014 SV244 was bought new at Transition, good dealership in my experience.

The ZR409 is a great motor, I have had zero issues with mine but also stay on top of maintainance. FYI...for what its worth, in July 2019, PCM put out a bulletin changing the oil specs to DEXOS2 5w-30 motor oil.... previously it was speced with 15w-40. Since boat is a 2013....you may wanna ask if some service work has already been done so you know whether you need to do it since at 500hrs or 5yr they recommend that the DEXCOOL coolant is replaced. If it has the power plus v-drive like mine, that specialty fluid is also replaced at 5yrs. The trans is regular DEXIII and I change mine every Fall. The spark plugs are also a 500hr/5yr replacement item, they are the iridium tipped plugs and a pretty penny tho when I changed mine at end of 2018 I found a $3 rebate per plug at Advance Auto (don't buy those plugs on Amazon, they are often fakes). An easy way to see if the ballast puppy pump impellers need to be replaced is too pull the boat out of the water with a little water left in the ballast bags, if the water drips quickly out of the thru hull openings, its time to replace them. I replace mine every other season. They are the green nitrile impellers and WakeMakers usually has the best pricing. Of course be sure that a brand new impeller was installed this Spring along with new oil/filter, etc.

Make sure the boat has gotten the most recent software update as you need a dealer for that! Also worth asking if the batteries have been replaced and when, I installed a NOCO maintainer and keep the boat plugged in 24/7 when not in the water and it keeps the batteries in top shape.

That boat will put out a killer wave whether you list it, use a suck gate (I used a Nauticurl for a few seasons), or install a surf tab system (I installed an InfinityWave system in early 2019 and love it). It is a big boat and requires some weight to displace that hull properly. I agree you will want the bigger PnP bags. I also use 500lbs of lead tho 300 of that adds to my bow weight since I also have the 500lb bow sac under seats.

The #1433 or #1847 prop are the best for that boat, at 800ft elevation where I am in NC, 5-6 adults and full ballast (4900lbs total on my boat), that engine/prop combo handles it easily and surfs at a max of 3500rpm with suckgate. Listing the boat or using the surf tabs brings the rpm's down to 3200rpm. It is a very efficient hull/engine combo....I average approx 5GPH and do nothing but surf.

I plan to keep mine long-term and have done just about every mod/update possible, so feel free to hit me up if you have any questions or want any mod info. (you will love that Deckadence flooring!) Good luck, I hope your test drive goes well, take your time and after starting the engine, remove the back seat so you can hear the engine and listen carefully for any strange noises....have someone else shift the boat into forward and reverse while you are back there listening.

• Like 1

bomoseen avy    45

That reminds me I have a brand new never used #1847 if needed I’ll give u a good deal ?

68D3F75B-B473-4185-894D-95DD488452C2.jpeg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..