Sign in to follow this  

Hokiebob    0

Hello--I'm new here.  Just got a 2014 Enzo 233 and love it but am struggling with the stereo.  It worked fine first day but second day, it began turning off/on/off/etc--so it would play for several seconds then go blank, followed by the CLARION scrolling, then blank again.  After checking connections and fuses, disconnecting the remotes and no luck, I plugged in the battery charger and it behaved--and we ran for an hour or so that way, however it started resetting again.  I tried the batter charger again but no luck so not sure if it was coincidence or not.  Anyone ever seen a problem like this.  The system is Wet Sounds amps, speakers and equalizer, two batteries and the battery selector switch.  One thing interesting--beside the battery switch are two breakers, one for bilge and one for stereo.  The white reset button on the stereo is a bit loose--not sure what its for though.  It also looks like a real bi##$@ to get it out--any insight whether its worth taking apart?

thanks

InfinitySurf    302

I have a 2014 SV244 and in 2017 had my 303 head unit replaced under warranty since it wasn't acting right. Its been good ever since. There are some other models that will fit that same hole in the glove box tho, so that may be worth looking at if you are gonna replace it. Are you turning your battery switch to "off" when boat is not in use? I think I would also check all your stereo connections to make sure there is no corrosion... something may also be loose which would cause a reset. Check all connections to the battery and also check all the ground connections.

Before replacing the head unit tho, I would make sure that your batteries are topped off and check the water levels (fill only with distilled water... I top mine off every Fall), you may have some cells going bad, you will see them all corroded if you look down into each cell with a flashlight. I keep a NOCO maintainer plugged in 24/7 when not on the water and that keeps batteries in much better condition for much longer. If your batteries are the originals....it may be time to replace them. Even with a maintainer, 6yrs is about the life cycle in my experience (3yrs if you dont keep a battery maintainer on them and check levels). Battery issues can cause all sorts of electrical gremlins.

Depending on your software....you may also want to get it updated. A dealer can get you squared away for a software update.

Wylie_Tunes    146

Battery voltage, battery voltage battery voltage. Got to start here. Whats the battery voltage at the batteries, then at the back of the head, then again with engine running. 

IIRC, the 2014 would the dual circuit plus switch and ACR. Where the batteries removed or disconnected for winter layup? If so, gut says the ground for the ACR was left off or the ground link between the banks was left off.