Sign in to follow this  
nathanc

QuickFill Hard Tank 90 Degree Fittings

nathanc    0

Hello,

I recently purchased a 2013 Enzo sv230+.  I was having the local boad audio dealer upgrade the stereo and when installing a sub under the dash they broke a 90 degree fitting that attaches to the quick fill tank.  Centurion is being very slow to respond with the correct part and I'm hoping someone will have an idea of the correct size of the fitting needed.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

InfinitySurf    302
12 hours ago, nathanc said:

Hello,

I recently purchased a 2013 Enzo sv230+.  I was having the local boad audio dealer upgrade the stereo and when installing a sub under the dash they broke a 90 degree fitting that attaches to the quick fill tank.  Centurion is being very slow to respond with the correct part and I'm hoping someone will have an idea of the correct size of the fitting needed.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Pics or more detailed description? Having trouble visualizing any fittings for the quickfill that would be under the dash...

nathanc    0

I was finally able to go in and take a look at the fitting that was broken.  Underneath the steering wheel, on the floor, there is a foot rest that covers a hole into one of the quickfill tanks.  There is a 90 degree fitting that screws into the hole and a hose that leads to a thru hull port on the side of the boat.  I'm assuming this is the overflow/vent for the tank.  The stereo installers broke the 90 degree fitting and we are having trouble finding a replacement.  We believe it's a 1" or 1 1/8" 90 degree to barbed end that attaches to the hose.  This has been a pretty frustrating experience.  Apparently the broken fitting wasn't very easy to get out of the threads as well and the threads were pretty damaged.....Any help would be appreciated.

InfinitySurf    302

I am not sure how the Quickfill tanks vent....tho what you say makes sense. Since the QF tanks are not very large, I did not think they extended all the way up to the steering wheel. I have Ramfill tho so not familiar with all the QF details.

I dont think I have seen exactly the type of fitting you are describing, but if its threaded on one end and attached to a hose on the other, I wonder if that 90 degree fitting is actually connected/snapped to the male fitting that is threaded on the other end? Does it have a red "tab" on one end? It sounds like its a normal ballast end fitting that factory installs? This is where a picture would be very helpful.

However, your best chance is probably contacting someone like WakeMakers.com since they sell a bunch of ballast fittings. I can tell you that they will be asking for a picture as well to confirm.

https://www.wakemakers.com/wakeboard-ballast/

Worst case tho, you may have to talk directly to Fineline Customer Service, they would want the Hull ID# to look up your boat. Hopefully its something you can resolve without too much issues.

nathanc    0

InfinitySurf, 

Thank you for the info.  Unfortunately, there is not a red "tab" on the end of the fitting.  I was also surprised that the Quickfill extends that far up.  I believe this fitting is at the very end of the tank.  I think we have found  a Mastercraft part that will work.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.  Will definitely reach out to Fineline when they are open again.....

bomoseen avy    45

I have same boat and embarrassingly do not know. I do believe the quick fill vent is on each side of the exterior hull up near the windshield. It is in shape of Centurion helmet so maybe a hose runs through there to the vent. My boat is off site so I can’t check but keep us posted