Sign in to follow this  
Chexi

SV233 - wakeboard wake

Chexi    35

Anyone have any tips on getting a clean (both wakes) wakeboard wake on an SV233?  I can get it close with a few bumps on CATS, but still not perfect (this is with no ballast other than 500 lbs of lead under the side seats).  I do not actually wakeboard anymore, I hydrofoil, and it would be nice to have a clean wake on both sides when foiling.  

It would also be nice if my touchscreen/computer was not a complete dumpster fire, but that is another matter.

Kevin Baugh    78

How fast are you going?

My experience is you have to go 22mph to get a clean wake on both sides

Chexi    35

23 and faster.

Chexi    35

Note, it is not super washy, and I can get it clean on 1 side (tends to be cleaner on starboard side), but it is difficult to get a nice clean wake on both sides at the same time, even above 22 mph.

InfinitySurf    302

In my experience, each side loses the wash when the rider is on that side. On my SV244, its close without anyone riding but not perfect, soon as rider is on one side or the other, it cleans up the wake nicely

BoardCo    110

If you are going that fast you will probably need a bit more weight to get it to clean up and/or engage the center plate. The SV233 has a great wakeboard wake with Ramfill and the bow PNP bag filled (sub with lead where you are using it).

Chexi    35

Thank you all for these recommendations.  I really appreciate it and you all for taking the time to provide this guidance.

My washy side wake cleans up to a degree when I am on that side, but not fully, and I am riding with no ballast other than 500 lbs of lead under the main cabin seats.  I will try the center plate and if that does not work try the ramfill and the bow PNP bag next time I am out.  Funny thing is I am not actually trying to make the wake bigger.  For the hydrofoil, height and popwise, it's pretty good without all the ballast (although wake to wake is a bit wide on this boat compared to what I had been used to).  You can actually make the wake too big for foiling... if it is taller than the distance between the wings and the board, it is a  problem, because sometimes we want to cut through the wake and not jump it, and you can't do that if the board is going to crash into the wake due to it being too tall.

Kevin Baugh    78

the trim tab can clean up or washout the wake out depending on where you have it set I usually have main about 25% or  so