volzalum

2015 (and newer) Diagnostic Code Clearing

volzalum    280

I am looking for the information to clear codes on the 2015 PCM engine. I have been unable to find which version of MEFI the engine uses nor where the diagnostic port is. I found a single port on the rear port side of the engine just forward of the idler pulley labeled CAN Network. It is a 6 pin connector with a cover connected. Does anyone have the definitive answer as to MEFI version and if that port is the correct port for clearing codes?  I have a persistent stored code that has not cleared. It has not thrown the code again but the alarm does go off every 2 minutes. Thanks for any help that can be provided. 

volzalum    280

To partially answer my own question, the PCM uses ECM-08/4G-120 CAN interface, and the identified port in my original post is the correct one. So it looks like it uses the Rinda adapter #94029. It can use either the Diacom software to the TechMate Pro reader. The software allows you to reflash your engine, whereas both allow you to read and clear codes. Though both items are ~$600.00 each.

Edited by volzalum

InfinitySurf    302

I understood that you either have to have the right software to do it....or have a dealer clear the stored codes and there is no way to clear them completely without an diagnostic tool.

volzalum    280

I ordered the Diacom software and the adapter. I will post after testing it out. I expect it will work fine, just expensive. But since I’m still having O2 sensor issues, multiple trips to a dealer would be much more irritating. 

volzalum    280

My Diacom software showed up. I installed it on a Windows 10 image in Parallels on my MacBook Pro. The software was able to read everything on my engine, and was able to clear my old O2 sensor codes. Other than the price, the software seems fairly good. It gave a histogram of how my engine has been run, the Amount of time At each RPM level, the octane of the fuel, etc. It also reads fuel flow while the engine is running. I plan to take it out this weekend and record some runs to see how the boat performs. 

• Like 2

loparj    0

Can you tell me where you got the diacom software?  and do you have a photo of where you connected? I have an old code that only occurred once from last year   SPN 723  FMI 4.  Get the alert every couple minutes, but the code is old and would like to clear without having to take boat out of water, to dealer and wait for it.  Thanks in advance

volzalum    280

I ordered the software and cable here: https://www.rinda.com/rindashop

Each engine is different, but you will have a connection in the engine bay that the cable fits to. On my supercharged engine, it is directly beside the engine oil filler on the right side of the engine near the back. On other boats, I have seen it near the front left of the engine.