Centurion53    4

Hi everyone, I’ve been a long time lurker as the owner of a 2013 Avalanche for the last few years.

Today I was getting her prepped for the summer and noticed that none of my rocker switches are getting power. My stereo and bilge pump are the only ones working, but the horn, blower, navigation and courtesy/dock lights are not. When it comes to electrical I’m lost. I’ve tried to reset the breakers but nothing. 

Can anyone please point me in the right direction?  

thanks! 
Keith

InfinitySurf    302

Are batteries fully charged and ignition is on rather than just ACC? (Stereo and bilge work on ACC mode but the others only work if the ignition is on for the boat). Does it change if you put batteries on combine rather than just #1 or #2?

You have main breakers under observers seat..... but you also have some breakers under the helm (gotta lay on your back and look up under steering wheel rack). My SV244 also has a smaller box of breakers for those items (horn, blower, etc) built into the drivers kickplate under helm.... wonder if on your boat that kickplate would need to be removed? (I don't know the exact layout of an Avy).

There are also some breakers in the engine compartment as well as some relays. Good luck, hope you track it down.

Centurion53    4

Thanks for the help!. This morning I put the Perko  switch to combine batteries and everything is now working. SMH, I’m not sure why that wasn’t one of the first things I checked yesterday. 

Now I just have to figure out why they aren’t  working when the Perko switch is on one battery. 

InfinitySurf    302
On 5/10/2020 at 1:08 PM, Centurion53 said:

Thanks for the help!. This morning I put the Perko  switch to combine batteries and everything is now working. SMH, I’m not sure why that wasn’t one of the first things I checked yesterday. 

Now I just have to figure out why they aren’t  working when the Perko switch is on one battery. 

I would 1st assume that if it works on combine but not on #1..... that you either have a bad battery, or your batteries are low from the winter layup and need to be charged so you are only getting enough voltage if both batteries are working together on combine. If they are wet cell batteries, check the water levels and add distilled water as needed and get them fully charged (if possible). You may need to replace 1 or both of the batteries, if they are original batteries I would think this is the most likely culprit (1 battery is for starting and the other is accessory....the switch isolates the starting battery so if you run the stereo too long at the cove and run it down, you can then combine the 2 batteries to have enough juice to start the engine). Be careful keeping the switch on combine as you wont have any protection, both batteries could be run down too far to be able to start the engine. 

There is also a possibility that the Perko switch is either going bad OR (more likely if its not a bad/low battery issue).... perhaps there is a loose connection behind the switch or at the battery. May be worth disconnecting the batteries and checking all the connections behind the switch to be sure they are tight and no corrosion. You will want to do the same thing at the cables to the batteries, clean posts and connections and make sure its all re-installed tightly. Once a year, I also check all my engine grounds for corrosion and to be sure everything is nice and snug.

Your batteries will last the longest if you have smart maintainer/chargers on them when not in use. NOCO has some great systems and is what I use on my boat.