Timr71    30

According to the specs on the NADA website, the Tru Trac III is a foot shorter and 200 lbs lighter than the Falcon XP.  The engine options should be the same.  

NADA 1992 Centurion Boats

CORFU SKIER    1

Thank you for your reply, this boat was traded in and there are no model decals are on it. I thought I read that the fins on the keel turn with the rudder on a TRU TRAC III ?  before we consider the purchase it would be nice to find out what it is, as the dealer says there is no other information on the title as regards the model.

Timr71    30

I have a PDF of a Ski Centurion brochure from I think the 1994 model year. If you post an email address here, I'll email you those files. I think I can clear this up for you with the text from the marketing materials.

1. The Tru Trac 1, 2, 3, 4 and La Point were intended to be THE 3 event tournament ski boat.  However, the Falcon was also certified by the AWSA as a tournament approved tow boat.  

2. The articulating front fin is called C.A.T.S that stands for Centurion Articulating Tracking System. The option sheet in the brochure that I have indicates that CATS was an option on all models of boats.  My cousin has a 1996 Ski Centurion Falcon Sport that he ordered new (way back in the day) and his boat does have the CATS.  But it's not as simple as saying, "All Tru Tracs have the CATS" or "All Falcons" Etc.

3. The Falcon Model was intended as a tournament quality tow boat that was slightly more family friendly.  Here's the text from the brochure:

Bridging the gap between tournament level ski boats and run-of-the-mill runabouts is something the exceptional Falcon does very well...it's a serious ski boat intended for serious skiers with a mind on family boating enjoyment. To achieve this, the Falcon features extra cockpit space, abundant storage volume and a softer riding hull design that doesn't flinch at bumps, yet it still delivers all the tracking stability, power and excellent wake characteristics a genuine ski boat should possess. It's little wonder the Falcon is such a family favorite.

4. The Falcon XP - The XP is basically a budget minded accessories package.  It's nothing more than a fixed order of a certain designated set of options.  The goal was to make the XP "affordable"  Here's the text:

The Falcon XP and Falcon XP Bowrider are your opportunity to own and enjoy a genuine Ski Centurion at the most affordable price possible. The XPs have been strategically accessorized to bring you the essential features of a top quality ski boat with all of the performance and aesthetic appeal associated with Ski Centurion. 

I hope this helps. 

CORFU SKIER    1

Thank you so much, very informative

tararaewhite@hotmail.com

Correct me if I am wrong but looking at 1992 AWSA approved listings the Falcon is not there?

• Like 1

Timr71    30

That is correct. In 1992, it appears that Ski Centurion only sent the Tru Trac III for certification.  Reading the list and years, there seems to be a pattern where they only submitted one model for certification.  However, my limited memory of those models years from way back includes seething them make claims for various models like, "Official towboat of the US Open" etc.  Some of the boats also had a sticker on them that stated AWSA approved tow boat.  And, it's possible that they claimed that even in years that they didn't submit it for certification.  Meaning that in 1990, they claimed the Falcon was approved because it was approved in 88-89.  I don't know.  Back then things were kind of fast and loose with regard to the manufacturer claims.  I'm not saying that the AWSA was not strict with their certifications though.  As you can see from reading the list though, there were way move tow boats than just MC, Nautique, and Malibu.  

I'll email you the PDF files when I'm back at my WFH desk. I'm in the office now, and those files are on an old jump drive.  

Is it a nice looking Tru Trac III?  Is it in good shape?  You have any pictures?  

CORFU SKIER    1

Tim 

Not sure if it is a TRU TRAC or a Falcon at this stage , a very well preserved boat though that needs no restoration at all. I did put my e mail in my last text if you could send on the original sales documents. Will send some photos back when I next pass the boat yard.

Timr71    30
2 hours ago, CORFU SKIER said:

Tim 

Not sure if it is a TRU TRAC or a Falcon at this stage , a very well preserved boat though that needs no restoration at all. I did put my e mail in my last text if you could send on the original sales documents. Will send some photos back when I next pass the boat yard.

I sent the email on Feb 4.  I just looked, it's in my sent items. It appears to have gone through with now issues.  Might it be in your spam folder?