TexP51

Removing Bilge Drain in front of V-Drive

TexP51    6

Can anyone give some guidance on removing the bilge drain located in the bottom of the hull in front of the V-Drive?  I don’t have a service manual and have searched and just haven’t seen any details on removing and replacing that drain location.  Mine appears to have some type of compression rubber with a center threaded shaft.  Mine appeared to be leaking last year and I’d like to replace it while I have the boat on a trailer versus on our boat lift.  My hull is a ‘02 Elite V-Drive.  I saw a newer 2013 Centurion Enzo and their front drain appeared to have been replaced with a t-handle garboard-style drain.  Can I hear from a few of you that have replaced their drain before?  Thx - rob

Edited by TexP51

MobEnzo    51

Mine has the t handle style as well. I’m wondering if someone lost the t handle and replaced with the rubber style you’re referring to? Is the drain threaded? If so, could just buy t handle?

TexP51    6

I will send a few pics this evening.  At first glance when I saw it reminded me of a expandable freeze plug if anybody who  remembers those.  That’s a good idea thinking maybe the t-handle may have pulled off at some point in the past.  I know it’s one of the lowest points in the hull, but mine appears to be leaking pretty good when the boat is  in the water.  She is in my shop for the little bit of winter we get and I’m planning to fix the few squawks over the weekends..  

jtryon    24

interesting you say that because i tried to get mine out for the first time since buying the boat and the t-handle snapped off.  i guess the PO only removed the rear one  when coming off the water.  i'm guessing if yours leaks it's probably a threaded hole that someone replaced with a rubber compression-style plug.