BHamm    5

I am looking at doing an upgrade on the pumps on my 2007 Centurion Avalanche C4.  I have 750s in the rear lockers, and the factory center ballast.  Plus a loose v bag in the front.

Looking at the kit from Wake Makers, but it's not cheap.  Wondering if i am better of going with two pumps for the rear lockers, and leaving the factory one for the center built in ballast.

Or better off just replacing all three.  

The kit with 3 pumps is about $2,000 plus installation

jtryon    24

$2,000 is way too much to spend IMO, unless you're getting a huge speed upgrade along with it.  the center ballast is only 250lbs, so you can leave the stock pump for that and upgrade the other two for the rears.  or add a second thru-hull and two more 1200 tsunamis to it, with two filling each rear bag.

i went a different direction but can't speak to if it's going to work as well as i hope until i get it in the water in the spring--i went with a Rule 1600gph pump for each rear bag because it still uses the same size inlet and hose as the tsunami 1200 that it's replacing.  then i will move the tsunami 1200 to the drain port location on each rear bag, replacing that crappy 500gph or whatever stock drain pump.  going 1200 to 1600 doesn't sound like a big deal, but the Rule pumps are just so much more efficient in my experience than the tsunami's.  here's a pic for comparison:

Pump Comp.jpg

Jake707    171

Do you ride level weighted with a suck gate or list the boat and switch sides of the ballast often? Do you have two reversible pumps or just the stock one plus a throw over type pump?

If level, I’d personally dam near just leave the center full all the time as it doesn’t make or break anything really, or hook the center to tank to a cheap as you can pump, reroute the stock reversible to the front sac and a large reversible to the two sacs. That would be decent and most likely your cheapest. 

I only rode level with a suckgate on my Elite and only have one reversible Jabsoc King pump for the rear sacs and a tsunami  for the v shape under the bow sac. I plan to add a second pump for that sac later but for now it’s fine. Once full you’re set and it only takes me 10-15 minutes to get set up so no big deal to me. 

BHamm    5

I have a mission delta shaper.  We do switch sides for some of the kids friends.  Usually one person on the point ends up needing the other side.  

Right now just one stock pump.  And on throw over.  But we only use that now if we take another bag along.

BHamm    5

It seems that i will need to upgrade to 1" hose as well?  Maybe two pumps for the rear 1" and keep the factory pump for the center ballast.

I leave the front v one full all summer.

jtryon    24

i didn't realize the stock system was just one pump.  if you have to upgrade hose anyway, consider putting a big freaking pump in there like the Rule 17A--this is the one that Ronix uses for their 3700GPH Eight.3 system (throw-over-the-side pump).  no one is rebranding it yet as a plumbed-in pump, but if you upgrade/add your thru-hull to a 1.5" and use 1.5" hoses, that pump will fill those bags super fast.  i used the Ronix system for a few years on my last boat and it would fill and drain 800lb bags in about 3 minutes.   you can find fittings and all that for 1.5" hoses here, since none of the online ballast retailers are really selling anything over 1 1/8" yet: https://store.flow-rite.com/products/marine.html?cat=64

if you want to keep it simple and don't care about blazing speed, you can just build an intake off the stock thru-hull with 3 outlets and add two more tsunami 1200's to it.  my typhoon came with an intake like this, so if you need an idea of what to build i can take some pics of it for you.  tsunami 1200's only cost around $40; were you looking to use impeller pumps instead?  don't forget two more aerator pumps to drain if you're sticking with aerators, unless you're reusing the stock drain pumps.  usplastic.com has 1 1/8" hose for $1.49/foot, so get some measurements and buy enough to upgrade the hose at the same time.

BHamm    5

I ordered a kit from WakeMakers with two pumps.  Will get it installed for next summer and the fun will begin!