2019 S211 vs 2019 ZS232?

Worxman    3

Narrowed down between these two smoking deals:

2019 ZS232 for 83k

2019 S211 for 68k

Both are equally equipped, both have the 409HP engine, both have PNP ballast

Most of the time it is me, the wife, and the 12 yr old daughter

80% surf, 10% tube, 10% cruise

We have a platform dock that is 20ft long, so the ZS232 is a a bit big, but it will fit, I've measured everything

Mostly, I'm concerned about the wave with our typical light crew, want the wave to be easy to get without throwing tons of lead in it

Towing is a non issue, have a Cummins 2500

It is not a money issue either

I know the 23 has a bigger and better wave potential, I know everyone wants a 23, but we keep our boats a while so I'm not really worried about re-sale too much...just an easy to achieve wave with the 3 of us

Opinions?

InfinitySurf    302

From all the good things I heard about the wave behind the ZS232....I imagine that boat would be hard to beat at that price. No personal experience with either tho, can you demo?

2011V208    0

I also posted on your other thread.... I would take that ZS232 deal home in a hot second.  I absolutely love my ZS232.  I would get out and demo it just to make sure its a perfect fit for you but I am pretty confident you will love it.  I do bring anywhere from 200 to 500lbs of lead out depending on my crew.  Its NOT necessary but i like the wave with it.   If you end up with a ZS, definitely check back for some setup help.         

Dubguy85    0

I doubt you can go wrong with either. I owned a 2016 s211 and it was great. Puts out a very nice surf wave and was a neat boat for my family and I. That being said if it’s only 15k more I’d go with the new hull and new design. That zs232 is a great value and I’d see no need to ever upgrade on that one. It probably has a slightly better fit and finish to it as well. 5D7E5EF3-6F23-49DB-93D9-BFFF996C7D3E.jpeg.fea17646c3af2c3b3e3700932e71acd1.jpeg

Absolutely go ZS232.  The S211 throws a pretty good wave, but really needs some PNP upgrades right out of the box to make it shine, especially with a light crew.  Even then, I don't think it could hold a candle to something a 23' boat will put down  wave wise.  My only real BIG complaint on the S211 is that they put way to much space in the bow so the cockpit feels pretty tight even when you have 6 people in the boat.  I could see that being an issue as your daughter gets older and wants to bring friends out that aren't so small anymore. I do like the looks of the S211 better however, inside and out.  If I was in your situation I would absolutely go for the ZS232 without question, especially if you keep your boats a long time.  I stayed with the 21' mainly because I could fit it in my garage without a problem and I could afford it, but I would love a few more feet.