Dreamer

2020 Ri237 vs Supra SL450

Dreamer    96

Our 2014 SV244 is approaching 700 hours and we are starting to consider getting a new boat. We were in Kelowna yesterday checking out the boat shops and figure if we make a change it would come down to the Ri237 and the SL450. Both boats would be an upgrade from our 2014 but we thought the fit and finish was more upscale on the Supra. Ultimately we will buy the boat with the better wake so we will have to wait until spring to test ride each boat but I thought I would reach out on this forum and see if anyone has surfed the Supra and get your thoughts. 

Thanks in advance.

Cdifranco    463
21 hours ago, Dreamer said:

Our 2014 SV244 is approaching 700 hours and we are starting to consider getting a new boat. We were in Kelowna yesterday checking out the boat shops and figure if we make a change it would come down to the Ri237 and the SL450. Both boats would be an upgrade from our 2014 but we thought the fit and finish was more upscale on the Supra. Ultimately we will buy the boat with the better wake so we will have to wait until spring to test ride each boat but I thought I would reach out on this forum and see if anyone has surfed the Supra and get your thoughts. 

Thanks in advance.

Personally I love both.  If I could never buy another Centurion again Supra would be my next brand.  They just sadly have no dealer networks near me.  Good luck looking!

Dreamer    96

The Supra dealer is four hours of highway driving closer to us so if the wake can compete with an Enzo....

BoardCo    110

If it comes down to the wake alone the Ri237 will definitely out perform the SL. Supra makes a great boat and the wave is solid, but it needs about 1000 lbs. of lead to compete with a stock Ri237. You can add that in and get the same wave, but at the same time you could add that weight to the Ri and get an even better wave.

The interior trim on the Supra is top notch and there are some really nice things on that boat. If I personally didn't run Centurion's Supra or Nautique would be my next pick but giving up the surf performance and ride of the Opti-V hull would be too much for me to swallow to look at getting a different brand.

• Like 1

Dreamer    96

Thanks for the reply’s. I’ve read that the SL will require at least 800#’s of extra weight. My SV244 needs 400#’s of lead and my friend puts 400#’s of lead in his Ri237. My SV230 also required extra weight.

We’re surfing the SL Friday so we will see. If the wake isn’t impressive I’ll be doing a demo of the Ri237 next. Fun times! :)

• Like 1

Dreamer    96

Got out on the SL450 yesterday and I have to say the wakesurf wave was a bit of a disappointment. It was long and clean but for the amount of weight we put in the boat it just didn’t have the kind of push my SV244 has. Next up is the Ri237!

• Like 1

InfinitySurf    302

Good luck with the search, I have been on just about every newer boat (except MC) and nothing is "better", very few can even compare to my SV244 either. Some are close with a good deal of extra weight but so far I have not been behind anything that would make me consider anything beside Centurion.

I like the SL....good wave and the length was good but it just didnt have the same power at the back of the wave and they need 1000lbs over stock to even start comparing waves. Another buddy has a 2018 SA450 and the wave is great behind his, however he is running 1500lbs of lead + stock and the engine screams at around 4000rpm at surf speed which makes it guzzle gas. I like Supra, they are great looking boats but I could not switch to a Raptor after being so used to my quiet PCM that purr's along at 3300rpm fully weighted, sipping fuel. Enjoy the testing, good times!

I dont mean to say that any of these new boats are bad...to the contrary they are all very good and I have a blast surfing no matter what boat I am behind. I just got lucky by having a boat capable of producing a better than average wave that has raised the bar when I compare other waves too it

Edited by InfinitySurf