Sign in to follow this  
Jbeams2

Winterization Checklist for 2004 Centurion Enzo SV230

Jbeams2    0

Winterization Checklist for 2004 Centurion Enzo SV230 

Prior to this boat, I had a direct drive. I winterized each year on my own.

Could anyone share their winterization checklists for a V-Drive? Also any information for draining/winterizing ballast.

I have been reading some posts about draining the heater as well, but I wasn't sure if my 2004 model had that.

Any information would great! 

Thanks

Troy    234

Someone just posted a detailed write up on the FaceBook group. Winterize the engine just like you would on the Direct drive. IF you have a heater blow the water out of it, add some anti-freeze. Add some anti-freeze to the ballast bags and then hit empty on the pump for a bit to put anti-freeze in the pump. Hard tank? use the "in" pump to pull anti-freeze into the tank. 

That is all if you live somewhere it gets real cold for a long time. 

For me in TX and my boat stays in my insulated shop. I pull the plugs to the engine to let water out of it. Remove the ballast strainer and empty the water out of it. and Change oils. I don't have a in boat heater and I don't worry about my ballast pumps, bags or tanks. It doesn't get real cold and when I'm out in the shop I turn on a heater, so rarely does the shop ever get cold. 

• Like 1

Jbeams2    0
5 hours ago, Troy said:

Someone just posted a detailed write up on the FaceBook group. Winterize the engine just like you would on the Direct drive. IF you have a heater blow the water out of it, add some anti-freeze. Add some anti-freeze to the ballast bags and then hit empty on the pump for a bit to put anti-freeze in the pump. Hard tank? use the "in" pump to pull anti-freeze into the tank. 

That is all if you live somewhere it gets real cold for a long time. 

For me in TX and my boat stays in my insulated shop. I pull the plugs to the engine to let water out of it. Remove the ballast strainer and empty the water out of it. and Change oils. I don't have a in boat heater and I don't worry about my ballast pumps, bags or tanks. It doesn't get real cold and when I'm out in the shop I turn on a heater, so rarely does the shop ever get cold. 

I have an 04. How do I tell if it has a heater?

Troy    234
2 hours ago, Jbeams2 said:

I have an 04. How do I tell if it has a heater?

Do you heater hoses up by the driver and observers seat? Usually the boats that had a heater installed had pull out hoses or outlets up by the driver and observer. 131613802.jpg.3f3c0b3747b268fa9a5daa9a30297483.jpg

See the black circles under the observer seat and by the walkthru? Heater outlets. Just a quick example. 

Edited by Troy
Added picture