WakeLover    0

Thanks for welcoming me! First time owner of a 2006 Centurion Elite V (black scorpion engine with 300 hours). Does any have the following part numbers for: 

• Oil Filter 
  • Fuel Filter 

A couple other questions for the pro's: 

1. What's the best engine oil I should be running? 
  2. Besides the regular winter prep (antifreeze, oil change, fogging, fuel stabilizer) anything else I should consider? 

Thanks All! Happy Wakeboarding! 

Dreamer    96

I’ve been a big fan of Rotella 15w40 in my boats.

I usually pull my batteries out and store them in my garage. I try and put a charger on them once a month in the winter.

WakeLover    0

Have you figured out the right type of oil pump extractor. For some reason I couldn't get the tube far enough into the oil pan to get it all out? Is there a certain type I should be using to get all the way into the pan? 

M@ 

beau t    8

My 07 has the standard motor (not scorpion) that has a drain attached to the top side of the exhaust riser left side  looking at the motor from in the boat, its a oil drain that can be feed out the drain hole at the back of the boat to drain the oil out if you are unable to get oil extractor tube all the way in. This method will probably take longer but you can start draining it and come back hours later and it will be drained if its a cold motor.

Edited by beau t
left out where it was located

InfinitySurf    302

Is this the 5.7 engine?

Just an FYI, In July of 2019....PCM put out a service advisory (#SAP2019-01) to change the long standing oil specs since basically the 15/40 did not have the SN ratings they originally specified. Sounds like they have found some issues in some of the engines that traced back to the oil specs.

The 15-40 was still recommended for the 5.7, the 8.1 and the GT40.....

However on all the other PCM engines with the 6.0 & 6.2, the 5.3 & 7.4 (like the ZR409/ZR450....The H5/H6) to change over to 5w-30 Dexos 2 synthetic. (NOTE...this is the standard oil sold everywhere called the DEXOS Gen 2...like the Mobile 1 5w-30, etc).

Below is a link so you can see and read the service advisory (there is another more extensive thread on PN but wasn't able to quickly find it to paste the link for you)

https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/forum/nautique-topics/maintenance-technical-discussion/590274-service-bulletin-on-pcm-5-3-liter-engines

jtryon    24
On 10/1/2019 at 1:42 PM, WakeLover said:

Thanks for welcoming me! First time owner of a 2006 Centurion Elite V (black scorpion engine with 300 hours). Does any have the following part numbers for: 

• Oil Filter 
  • Fuel Filter 

here's my research after wanting to have the PN's for these locally and not mercury-specific (read: more expensive):

oil filter - NAPA Gold FIL 1060, Purolator L34631.  I used the Purolator and can confirm it's the correct one, and also taller so better filtration than the stock mercury

fuel filter - Quicksilver 802893Q01.  amazon link here: for $12 and arrives next day.

some other stuff that you may find helpful:

impeller here: for $22 and arrives next day.  haven't verified this fits yet but it matches all the part numbers i've cross-referenced.

serpentine belt is a Dayco 5060880 which is $19 on amazon.  mercury wants like $80 for theirs.  i installed this yesterday and can verify it fits perfectly.  the other one that i cross-referenced but can't verify fit is the NAPA 25-060878.

also get an IAC valve to at least have as a spare.  read up on this as it is a very common problem on these motors but easily fixed with a new IAC valve and filter.

WakeLover    0

Unfortunately mine, doesn't have an additional oil drain, or at least I cannot tell. 

Anyone know of another way to get the oil change done? Or recommend an oil extractor? 

M@ 

Troy    234