N901

2006 centurion avalanche c4

N901    4

Hi All,

Looking at a 2006 avalanche C4 with about 580 on it. Great condition over all. A few nicks but minor. Anything to worry about with that amount of hours? Any questions I should be asking?

thanks in advance!!

N901

Just ask them about what regular maintenance that has been done to the boat. The cleaner the boat typically the better it has been taken care of. That amount of hours is no big deal, 44 hours a year average. I would rather see a bout that has been used regularly. Vs one that has been sitting most of its life.  Check out the condition of trailer as well. 

I just bought a 2007 Avi C4 with 253 hrs on it.  I've owned a 2007 Elite V C4 for 3 yrs (514 hrs).  The only issue I've seen with them is the hinges.  They used crappy hinges on the engine cover and the front bow cushion.  Those are pretty minor issues though. 

N901    4

Great guys thanks for the replies. Guy was meticulous with the boat inside and out so I feel good about it. Thanks again. 

• Like 2

On 01/10/2019 at 5:18 PM, SaltCitySurfer said:

I just bought a 2007 Avi C4 with 253 hrs on it.  I've owned a 2007 Elite V C4 for 3 yrs (514 hrs).  The only issue I've seen with them is the hinges.  They used crappy hinges on the engine cover and the front bow cushion.  Those are pretty minor issues though. 

What is the biggest difference between these two boats? I'm the proud owner of the 07 elite v C4 triplemint. And have the opportunity to purchase an avalanche C4, that is not so mint !

99% used for surfing. Thanks

Troy    234

An Avy is 2 inches wider and a foot longer. 

On 10/5/2019 at 7:23 AM, mrduramaxlbz said:

What is the biggest difference between these two boats? I'm the proud owner of the 07 elite v C4 triplemint. And have the opportunity to purchase an avalanche C4, that is not so mint !

99% used for surfing. Thanks

re: "99% used for surfing" me too.  I feel I've maxed out my Elite's capabilities with 750#'s in the rear lockers (plus 250# mid) and a suck-gate.  Any more weight than that and I feel the boat becomes unsafe.  It produces a really good wave on the regular side but I ride goofy. The goofy wave has a short pocket and a dirty face.  I have a friend with an Avi with a Switchblade on it, and it produces a very big wave on both sides.  I don't wanna go the Switchblade route b/c its a gas suck and it really affects the handling of the boat... all the time... no matter what you're doing.   I'd rather add ballast weight and surf tabs.  Hoping to get a good sized wave with a clean face (even on the goofy side).  Although there are many factors, the bottom line is the bigger the boat, the bigger/better the wave.