Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone. I have recently picked up a avalanche. I have a lot of questions regarding it. First of all, a bit about the boat. I have the 343 motor, 5 hard ballast tanks and the pro vision dash, side swipe and adjustable Bennett trim tab.

Now I have done a lot of research about what ballast everyone is running and there are so many conflicting answers. I have looked on wakemakers at all the options available. Can any one point me in what way I should go. We will surf both sides so happy for ballast to be same both sides. All the bags I see dont appear to have a cut out for my side swipe exhaust. I am also struggling with understanding the pump mods to make them fill quicker.( I have just fitted 2 new green impellors).

I have tried listing it and I'm not really happy with other people driving it listed. I'm thinking weighted evenly and a suck gate? 

Also for listing how far should it be listed? 

Will start with all of that. 

Thanks 

Edited by Ziptie Brian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Troy    208

If you are going to list it, you need the rub rail close to the water sitting still. 

Here is my 08 Avy. Little exaggerated, the run tail is usually just at the water level. 

Then here is my buddy at 6’7” surfing with his 8yo daughter. 

I would call up wakemakers and have them build you custom sacs that fill the locker and go up under the seats also. Have each bag it’s own reversible pump to fill and empty. It takes about 8min to fill/empty my custom sac. If you want to list it, you can. If you want to use the suck gate you can. Best of both worlds and just buying bags once. I started out with the 1100’s and then bought the custom. I bought bags twice. lol. 

5D1295EF-BCEC-409E-8BE0-BE18180FCA42.jpeg

A85B50D2-F12D-4082-AC6C-BE3CF1E27ED1.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoa. Thanks for the reply.  That's really leaning over a lot more than I would be happy with especially letting other people drive while I'm having a surf. Wave does look impressive though. Do you have side swipe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Willy.Fire    6

I never liked listing my avalanche. Tried a few times looked stupid and wave was around the same as running with a shaper. The only good thing was used less fuel listed. Put 1100s in rear lockers or Enzo sacs if you don’t need the storage under seats. 

My best set up is 1100 rear surf side. 750ish none surf side. 400 under surf side seats. Center full. 200-400 in bow. Shaper as far down and back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Willy.Fire said:

I never liked listing my avalanche. Tried a few times looked stupid and wave was around the same as running with a shaper. The only good thing was used less fuel listed. Put 1100s in rear lockers or Enzo sacs if you don’t need the storage under seats. 

My best set up is 1100 rear surf side. 750ish none surf side. 400 under surf side seats. Center full. 200-400 in bow. Shaper as far down and back. 

I have hard tanks under the the seats both sides. Do you have side swipe? Also what shaper do you use as mybswell shaper doesn't fit the hull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Willy.Fire    6

Mission delta. Leave your center and replace all your other hard tanks with sacs. Enzo sacs would be best. If you plan to surf you won’t be disappointed with adding the bigger bags. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Willy.Fire    6

Also about fill times. I’m not familiar with the 2011 but if it has 3/4” hoses and if you want faster fill times you will want to go up to 1” lines and you will have to increase thru hull size also to 1”. The 1100 with reversible pump fills and drains in around 5-6 mins with 1”. 

Head over to Centurion owner Facebook group it has a lot of info on it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Troy    208
21 hours ago, Ziptie Brian said:

Whoa. Thanks for the reply.  That's really leaning over a lot more than I would be happy with especially letting other people drive while I'm having a surf. Wave does look impressive though. Do you have side swipe?

No side swipe. 

my push is awesome and having less than 2k lbs in ballast, i am happy. Super easy to drive. only thing I watch out for is rollers from other boats. Once the surfer drops, put the boat into neutral and turn to the opposite of the lean, let the wave pass which will turn the boat for you, then idle back to the surfer. No issues at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/09/2019 at 5:43 AM, Troy said:

No side swipe. 

my push is awesome and having less than 2k lbs in ballast, i am happy. Super easy to drive. only thing I watch out for is rollers from other boats. Once the surfer drops, put the boat into neutral and turn to the opposite of the lean, let the wave pass which will turn the boat for you, then idle back to the surfer. No issues at all. 

Yep I have tried something very similar to yours but I was very uneasy about it being over so Far.  May just load up with ballast and possibly a infinity wave in the future.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.