Jbeams2    0

Guys, 

I am new to the forum as I just bought my first Centurion a couple weeks ago. It is a 2004 Enzo SV230.

My current setup is the factory hard tanks under each side of the boat and 2 540 lb bags (one in each rear locker), plus a delta mission surf shaper. Those are all plumbed in. I own 2 350 lb bags that are not plumbed, but can be filled with a separate pump.

Any ideas on the best weight set up to create a good surf wave with enough push?

I am still struggling with throwing the rope and consistently staying in the pocket. Once I drift back, it is tough to push back forward. I am 6 foot, 180 lbs and riding a 5 foot 4 inch hyperlite broadcast. Any thoughts on a good board for me? I am fairly new to surfing, but have been wakeboarding my entire life.

Thanks for all the input.

Troy    234

Welcome,

The Enzo SV230 is an awesome surf boat. Back then we listed the boat, and the wave is awesome.  Some guys like the suck gates now, I still prefer my listed wave. Not near the weight needed and much better on fuel. 

You should be able to get a surfable wave out of what is in the boat now. You will want and the boat is capable of much more. Lots of threads on this site about how to set up that era boat. Basic same setup for all Enzo 230/240. (240 being longer can handle more weight).

If it was me, I would fill factory center and everything on the surf side, add the 350 to the seat in front of the locker, list it and surf it. 

That Broadcast is a great learning board and boat board.  Learn basics on that and then figure out if you want skim or surf. For surf I would recommend trying a Doomswell Neo 4'8" (you can ride a 4'6" but you will not have as much play room on the wave. My buddy 6'7" 200lbs or so rides my 4'6" neo all the time but ordered himself a 4'8")

Pictures of the boat?

Jbeams2    0

Thanks Troy! 

If I list the boat, I would only have 540 in the rear and about 200 midship with my factory tank and the 350 on surf seat and 350 in bow... would that be enough?

Tossed around the idea of replacing all ballast with 2 Enzo sacs but they are expensive. Any other suggestions?

Troy    234

That will get you a surfable wave. I wouldn't put the 350 in the bow. If you want put it on the floor, surf side.  During the off season, get 2 custom enzo sac's (if you surf both sides) install and enjoy the much larger wake. Again I like to list, fill just the surf side and have people or put the 350 on the seat. The wave would be what I love. Tall, steep and long.  I did a custom sac in my Avy and did a write up about it. I plumped in a line to fill the extra bag on the seat when light on crew. My reversible pump fills and empty's the sac on the seat when needed.  

Cdifranco    463
6 minutes ago, jtryon said:

more weight!

Right... Keep weighting that thing until you and 3 of your buddies  all look at each other and say dude we have too much weight.

• Like 1

Jbeams2    0
10 minutes ago, jtryon said:

more weight!

3 minutes ago, Cdifranco said:

Right... Keep weighting that thing until you and 3 of your buddies  all look at each other and say dude we have too much weight.

16 hours ago, Troy said:

That will get you a surfable wave. I wouldn't put the 350 in the bow. If you want put it on the floor, surf side.  During the off season, get 2 custom enzo sac's (if you surf both sides) install and enjoy the much larger wake. Again I like to list, fill just the surf side and have people or put the 350 on the seat. The wave would be what I love. Tall, steep and long.  I did a custom sac in my Avy and did a write up about it. I plumped in a line to fill the extra bag on the seat when light on crew. My reversible pump fills and empty's the sac on the seat when needed.  

Thanks for the input. My plan is to remove my 200 lb factory tanks and slide my 540s into that spot. They will fit and are already plumbed in because a have a T connector off of each pump connecting 2 hoses. Then going to put an 800 in each rear locker. I can get 2 ronix eight 3's 800 lb bags for a really good price, so I think I am going this route instead of the enzo sacs.