Troy. R    198

Hi all,

I’ve been away for a while since I sold my Avalanche at the end of 2016. I’m now in the market for a new boat. Was looking into the S238, ZS232, and FI23 when I noticed a 2020 VI24 on the local Centurion dealer’s website (Century Marine in Mesa, AZ). The running surface looks similar to the RI, but it’s hard to tell.

Has anybody heard anything about this boat?

https://www.centurymarine.com/boats-for-sale/2020-centurion-vi24-mesa-arizona-7184868/

MobEnzo    51

Welcome back Troy! The crew is not as active as it was a few years ago... a lot of people in the fb groups. From what I’ve read in the fb group, VI is similar to FI as far as options. A little less ballast capacity due to lower freeboard. Sounds like hull is the same shape.

Troy    234

Welcome back!!! 

Troy. R    198

Thanks Troy!

Thanks Mob!

Not having a boat has been killing me! But my kids started playing travel baseball nearly year round and we just didn’t have the time for the boat. We moved from CA to AZ and they’re nearing HS, so that’s calming down to focus on school sports, so summers are free again starting next summer!

Too bad to hear the traffic here has slowed. It was always a great community, and on top of that I don’t do FB. Don’t even have an account...

h20king    794

I have a nice 19 fi 25 for sale :)

Edited by h20king

Troy. R    198

I do like that FI25 also...

Hey H2Oking, I know you had a S238 also. What’s your opinion of the wave? For reference, the best wave I ever surfed was one of the SV244 world wake surf championship boats that my former local dealer in CA had for a demo day after it pulled the worlds.

h20king    794

238 and 244 are about equal as far as wake goes the fi25 and ri257 are on a completely different level though.  Given the choice between a 238 and 244 I would probably do the 244 as long as it had ram fill and cats

Troy. R    198

Cool. Thanks H.

As I understand it, the RI and FI (and VI for that matter) have the same running surface, but the RI is heavier. Is there a discernible difference between the waves of each boat?

h20king    794

Ri and fi are top dogs vi is shorter and weighs less but add the extra weight and it is capable of putting out the same wake until you start talking fi25 or ri257