jayz-23

Switchblade - Gen 1 Lenco Rams

jayz-23    12

My lenco rams failed on my switchblade.

Its on my 2007 Enzo. I had to replace the pair 5 years ago and now failed again.

I contacted Switchblade and they said its a custom part Lenco makes for them, but Lenco does not manufacture anymore

rams for the gen 1 style which has a 7/8" stroke.

Nice customer support for a $3500 system, you would think they would source elsewhere to continue customer support for their expensive products.

Does anyone have a set of these rams kicking around maybe from removing the whole switchblade system, or know where to try get some new ones from?

Thanks, J

rhino89523    34

I'd start with a call to Lenco, I'm not a lenco guy but do play with rams and shocks at work a ton and all that stuff ends up being collapsed length, extended length and ram/cylinder size. I am sure Lenco will either be able to get you a new set or rebuild the set you have....I would think. If that wont work you may be able to find something close enough that will work, you could check it by removing the rams and move the blade through the stroke and see what would happen with the new length. If that doesn't work I would think you could find a new mounting location and glass up the old holes and drill a new mounting location.

This is just what comes to mind, I don't own a switch blade so I have no actual knowledge, but my next call would be to someone at Lenco.

Packrat    13

I just bought a  set of gen 2 lenco rams from Switchblade as I recall they are 1 1/4" Stroke. They were $600. I suspect if you wanted to you could get Gen 2 Rams and then buy the replacement Switch or the Gen 3 Gauge assuming that the hardware ie: blade and mount are the same on all three models? I have heard of the lenco rams being rebuilt. I was able to get mine going again by putting the switchblade on and pulling down and up while the wife activated the dash control up and down. Not sure how long they will work that's why I bough a new pair.  I never trailer with it and always take it off when we get out of the water. I also use a bungee from the campground to the boat launch so it doesn't slam back and forth while driving. I plan on buying the infinity wave system which may render the switchblade obsolete. 

jayz-23    12

Ya I would have just sent them in for rebuild, but I tossed them in the garbage already not knowing they were rebuildable and also now obsolete. So now I need to try find a set hanging around or someones old set to use or send to get rebuilt. I contacted Lenco and they were of no real help when I told them what i needed. Switchblade says they were a custom build for them and not an off the shelf model as the Gen 1 Switchblade rams are only 7/8" of stroke to move the blade accordingly. I think an 1-1/4" stroke will push the blade too far negative when wanting a neutral position for normal driving. Im pretty disappointed and frustrated with them as they dont offer replacement parts for a $4000 system that they sold and that is barely over 10 years old....

jayz-23    12

Anyone have an old set around or Gen1 Switchblade rams around??

superdtf    68

You should try really hard to rehab them.  Lube, soft-metal mallet, patience.

jayz-23    12
11 hours ago, superdtf said:

You should try really hard to rehab them.  Lube, soft-metal mallet, patience.

I would have if i knew that or that they rebuilt them. Unfortunately they went out with the trash and now im in a bind.

superdtf    68
On 8/27/2019 at 0:01 AM, jayz-23 said:

I would have if i knew that or that they rebuilt them. Unfortunately they went out with the trash and now im in a bind.

Oh man....