rick9021

2011 Enzo PCM 343 Long beep on start then 1 beep every minute

rick9021    0

Hoping the experts might be of help here.  I have a 2011 SV230, with the 343 engine.  Initially the single beep occurred at low rpm while filling ballast.  The beep was a single beep every minute.  I pulled up the diagnostics page on the dash and it did not show any faults.  I shut of the batteries to try to reset the ecm...? (read on internet) let the boat sit for about 10 minutes with batteries off.  Started it up and no beep for a while, first time went 4 hours without beeping, once it beeped, did the reset again and then went about 20 minutes or so before it started beeping again.  I checked engine oil and transmission fluid and both were good.  I pulled the cover to visually check the fresh water impeller, ( lots of milfoil here in the columbia river right now) impeller was clean.  Voltage while running and at idle is anywhere from 13.4-13.9.  I have two batteries, haven't checked them individually to confirm they are both good, but thought I would see something on the charging side if one wasn't ?   Had a friend hook up the computer to see if he could find any codes that might not be showing on the engine diagnostics page and there were not any he could find either.  Talked with the local shop and they basically have no idea!  So, what should I look for or try next?  Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Jlagos    23

It appears there are several people getting the same pattern of beeps. My 2010 enzo 240 screen reads "warning maintenance required" however I have personally completed all required maintnenace per the manual. Still waiting to get computer reading at dealer. Fortunately a new centurion dealer just opened close to me so maybe I can get in soon. Keep us upto date regarding your trouble and I'll do the same. Has your engine been connected to a computer to see if it gives any insight into the warning? It seems as though  the beeping is occuring  in boats around the same year.

rick9021    0

I have been able to connect it to a computer and the computer showed no faults.   And my screen has never showed any warnings at all.  I will continue to try and let everyone know if I can find a solution.  Thanks for the reply.

rick9021    0

Put the boat out on the water this last weekend.  I thought maybe when I put the boat into the healing garage, when I pulled it out this year there would be no beeps.........wrong.   Still no idea, maybe reduced waterflow from the impeller?  I replaced it two years ago, thought the old one had all its pieces, maybe something came off and is in the cooling system?

Everything reads good, no temp increase at all,,,,, same symptoms as last year,,,,, new thoughts?

Thanks everybody

rick9021    0

Brand new impeller,,,,,,, didn't fix

two new batteries,   no luck,,,

since not throwing a code, thinking it is electrical somewhere?

Hard to imagine I am the only one to have this happen and Centurion has no idea what a long beep followed by a short beep every minute means!!!  

Edited by rick9021

Jlagos    23

I too have this problem. My buzzer sounds off immediately with starting the engine (no buzzer if ignition is on without engine running) and then it buzzes about every 5 minutes. I took it into local dealer and they confirmed that everything is running properly and believe the fault maybe with the digital display at the helm. They contacted Medallion who makes the screen but they were closed due to the Covid19 scare. I will be contacting them soon to see if they have received a response. Does your screen (warning buzz) only sound off with the engine running or will it sound with only the ignition in the on position (engine not running)?

In the mean time, I taped a ping pong ball to the buzzer to mute the sound because it's killing my ears.  

rick9021    0

Only with engine running.   And the long beep for me occurs after long idle then 1 short beep every minute.  Somebody did mention display in another thread somewhere.  Live to hear what you find out about that.   Thanks for the reply