PETER FX22    0

I recently purchased a plug and play ballast upgrade  for my 2014 fx22 from an authorized centurion dealer. Something that they had hanging around the shop since 2014 .

The idea of having the system that would work from my touch  screen was grate. kit comes with 2 fly high rear locker bags . 2 ballast puppy pumps all the hoses and connections.

New pdm with wiring  harness . Would anybody know where can i find instructions on how to install it. Specifically pdm and wiring install. Thanks .

madmike    24

I owned a 2014 fx22 and was under the impression the touch screen didn't have enough memory to run it AND all the other functions like ram fill. I had to install rocker switches to control mine.  Is yours a ram fill boat?

Edited by madmike

InfinitySurf    302

Yea, if 2014  boat has Ramfill you cannot control BOTH the Ramfill and the 2 rear PnP transom bags from the touchscreen. You can go into dealer settings and set one or the other but not both. If you dont have Ramfill then you can control the bags from the screen. This is for 2014 only, they fixed it for 2015. I had rocker switches installed for my 2 transom PnP bags on my 14.

InfinitySurf    302

I have not heard of needing new PDM and wiring harness for a 2014 with Ramfill since the extra PnP transom bags have to be wired separately.... all the 2014 models I have seen including my own have 2 rocker switches that are installed above where ignition is and below throttle. (touchscreen controls all the other ballast, its just those 2 bags that for whatever reason they were unable to get programming to work if you also have Ramfill).

There is a bunch of wiring to hook pumps up to power and the 2 rocker switches and on mine it does tie into the PDM mounted on back seat in engine bay, so maybe its all that stuff and dealer just hasn't done an install on a 2014 to know exactly.

PETER FX22    0

Thank you for all the help. I spoke today with the Centurion tech support . The kit i have is for 2015 model year. 2014 was not equipped with the system to handle both ram fill and PNP. I will have to install separate switches and wiring to power and run the pumps. Centurion does sell switch panel and the switches for my boat. I got the part numbers . Unfortunately they do not sell the wiring kit.  It shouldn’t be hard to wire it up. 

InfinitySurf    302
6 hours ago, PETER FX22 said:

Thank you for all the help. I spoke today with the Centurion tech support . The kit i have is for 2015 model year. 2014 was not equipped with the system to handle both ram fill and PNP. I will have to install separate switches and wiring to power and run the pumps. Centurion does sell switch panel and the switches for my boat. I got the part numbers . Unfortunately they do not sell the wiring kit.  It shouldn’t be hard to wire it up. 

If you want any pics of how my 2014 was done, let me know